二十一

🎵 青玉案·元夕 Azure Jade Vessel · The Lantern Fair

Nestled between high rock cliffs is a hidden fertile land with many lanterns that never go out

Nestled between high rock cliffs is a hidden fertile land with many lanterns that never go out. This is a land that lives and never sleeps. Day or night, never once the hustle and bustle subside. Goguryeo--a peaceful land for those who seeks peace and a chance to atone for their mistakes. A place that never turns away newcomers, no matter what their past is.

Everyone knows nothing in this world comes for free. New opportunities that are not available anywhere else, that people can only get in Goguryeo, are not cheap. Although it is expensive, this does not require money or gold, it only requires one thing, namely your life. If anyone is found committing the same sin, they will be immediately thrown away. Or perhaps, exterminated.

It may sound like a scary and cruel place. However, the reality is, it's not. People of Goguryeo live peacefully without judging or looking down at each other. They just want to live in peace, so they do it to the fullest.

Goguryeo is also where your group ends up after nearly three days of sailing. Thanks to Lee Chan's ability to sail and read cardinal directions, also with the help of the map Minghao received from Mingyu, the four of you finally arrived safely.

The people of Goguryeo easily recognized any newcomers. When your boat started to pull up to the pier, several people rushed to report your arrival. Just like other places, in every region there must be a leader. So does Goguryeo. Not long after that, you can tell the person who just came is the leader, from the way he dressed and from the way people treat him with a lot of respect. His charisma easily overpowers those around him. Next to him stood a beautiful woman with shiny black hair brushed neatly into a bun, a silver hairpin shines complement her beauty.

"State your name and purpose for coming here..!" The tall handsome man said. His tone was firm but not intimidating.

While Soon-young and Lee Chan were helping you to step out of the boat, Minghao had already stepped forward first to bow respectfully to the handsome man.

You stood one step behind Minghao, your eyes constantly staring at the beautiful, very graceful woman. Even when she turns towards you, her body movements looks very elegant and charming. Her rosy red lips smiled, her eyes were warm, as if she had accepted your arrival there.

"I am Xu Minghao. My friend and I sailed from a faraway country across the sea called Baekje on my master's orders." Minghao said, then he took out a letter that you didn't know he had along the way, which he had kept safe, then gave it to the handsome man, "My Lord ordered me to give this letter to the leader of Goguryeo. I'm guessing you're that person."

The handsome man didn't answer right away. He accepted the letter politely, glancing at your group once more before reading the contents of the letter. As he read the letter, it was clear from the way his pupils dilated that he wasn't expecting to hear from the person who wrote the letter. And also the way he looked at you changed quite drastically--like you were no longer considered strangers.