序幕 - prologue

Land of Baekje Kingdom

A land blessed with fertile land, deep waters, gold and coal mines as well as an tough soldiers. Protected by three different mountains in the North, East and West. To the South lies the main gate of Baekje--a huge gate made of the strongest wood and iron wrought by the most talented blacksmith, almost twenty meters high. Thousands of soldiers stand guard in shifts, ensuring that the people continue to live in peace.

Their land never failed to produce crops. The fruits planted are always sweet, the vegetables are always fertile, the rice planted always keeps them from starving when the dry season comes. Since the most sought after creations were weapons--such as swords, armor, spears. Many traders and travelers come in turn, to buy in high value or to trade with something Baekje cannot produce yet--saffron, herbs, other medicinal herb needs. This is one of the many ways Baekje keeps the economy running.

In the middle of the Northern mountains, lies the castle of the royal family who has ruled for hundreds of years. It is known as the eternal kingdom for the royal bloodline that brings glory never breaks.

The current King has made it to the history, known as the King who won the big war to bring home his people who were taken hostage decades ago. Since then, he has been loved so much by Baekje people. However, as time goes by, he gets old also terribly sick. His old age now makes many people grieve in silence. They had prepared themselves if at any time the King would hand over the throne to his only son, the Crown Prince.

Considering that the Crown Prince was still far from perfect to become the heir to the kingdom, in the limited time the King had, he decided to ask the daughter of his trusted warlord to dedicate her life to teach, guide and look after the Crown Prince.

In front of the Phoenix Throne, that's where you--Paek Y/N--first met the Crown Prince whose name you had only heard for the past twenty seven years of your life, Kim Mingyu.