74

After the heartfelt moment with your friends, you all continued your hunt for Bakugo.

Momo was leading the group when you guys reached the hideout. Meanwhile both you and Midoriya trailed at the back, seemingly deep in thought.

"I hope you all know that none of us have top-tier stealth skills. I'll be making sure to stop this mission the moment it gets even slightly dangerous–" Iida declared, sneaking a moment to shoot you a judgemental side glance, all while you turned your head away innocently, "-just to set the record straight... I've been working on my stealth skills with Edgeshot."

Shoto nodded at the back, "She really has."

As if he was trying to redeem his friendship status by sucking up to you, but it seems that one glare from Iida was enough to shut you both up.

"I said no, [Last Name]-kun." You could only pout at that, "Buzzkill." And turned away, making Momo pat your back sympathetically, "There, there... I'm sure you'll get more chances to... I guess, be more nefarious?"

"I'm not nefarious, Momo-chan... Being unlawful isn't just fun and games... It's a lifestyle." She just sweatdropped and nodded along with your dumb ramblings, not having the heart to actually stop you. Besides, your dumb ramblings had a sort of calming effect on her, because let's be real. If you're being this carefree, then surely there's nothing to worry about... right?

At that moment, both Kirishima and Iida walked up to the hideout, while you and Midoriya began to speculate all the possible options you guys had.

You guys weren't going to just up and jump in battle. You specifically promised Iida that you wouldn't do that...

So what was left for you to allow Bakugo to escape?

Well, you had to think while keeping two possibilities in mind. If Bakugo was unconscious, things would be harder.

But if he were conscious, it might be easier. All you guys had to do was signal him about your presence and choose the perfect time to strike.

Not attack, strike.

You know you can use your quirk to either blind the villains, but that wouldn't be enough to stun them enough to allow Bakugo to escape. You guys would need something else... Something like your sedative bullets.

If only you can shoot them and sedate the villains, just to knock them out then maybe there was a slight chance.

But then you were met with a pretty solid idea.

Why not use the villain's strategy on themselves? Just like that middle schooler brat who had use the gas to knock you guys out, you can just have Momo create a sleeping gas bomb. The moment you guys throw it in, you'll signal Bakugo to hold his breath.

If he can hold his breath for even a minute, then it'll be enough to knock out the villains.

Of course, if they have that warp gate–Kurogiri–then it might be a bit of a problem. But it's not like Bakugo hasn't been able to hold down Kurogiri before. If you free Bakugo, he'll obviously help take down that warp gate too.

But you doubt the warp gate would prioritize fighting you guys over saving his comrades.

With that, you all approached the hideout.

You note how it looks more like an abandoned warehouse than a lair, but if thriller movies have taught you anything, it's that villains to an abandoned building are like moths to a flame.

They thrive in there.

Kirishima notes this too, but before you guys even have the time to talk, a pair of drunken dudes approach you guys. Seeing how these guys are kinda shady, Todoroki is quick to chime in, "These people seem dangerous. Let's distance ourselves..." Midoriya also pitches in, "Let's try going around the back of the hideout." Momo nods and you guys find yourselves agreeing with his suggestion.