42

Over the course of the week, you were taught by Snipe on how to hold and use a gun. While you were busy learning how to shoot, you also made sure to check up on hero agencies like you were asked to.

Unfortunately, none of them really made sense.

Your indecisive nature was your biggest weakness, and to chose from 298 different options... It sounded like something out of your worst nightmares.

Thankfully, training with Snipe usually kept you occupied and you could procrastinate to your heart's content. It may make things harder for you later on, but that's future you's problem.

The current you is busy training.

"It's been half a week and you can already shoot somewhat close to the target at 5 yards. That's very impressive, [Last Name]." The masked hero turned to you.

"Do you practice at your home too?" You nodded at his question, "Somewhat, yes... My brother is in the police so I borrow his older guns to practice. I always opt for dry firing since my brother told me it helps with aim..." He nodded as he gave you a new gun, "That's true. Dry firing is good because it helps with you develop muscle memory without worrying about recoil."

"By the way, since you've got a some understanding and grip over firing a handgun, you should very easily be able to fire a sniper rifle. I realised that you don't want to engage in close combat unless necessary, do you?" Upon seeing you nod, he ushered you towards the targets and loaded his own rifle.

"Rifles are not only better for long range combat like you prefer, but also because they deal more damage. They're also heaps more easier to use than a handgun. So if you know how to fire a handgun, you'll be much better at aiming with a rifle, since you have more points of contact with a rifle than a handgun. Here, I'll show you."

He then proceeded to set the target much lower than before, and sat down on the ground to aim with the rifle in his hands. Using his dominant hand, he adjusted his aim for a few second before shooting.

Bullseyes.

"Amazing..." You whispered to yourself and while he didn't show it, he was happy for the praise, "Rifles are much better for long range, but they are harder to carry in a fight. So I think you should learn both, and then decide which one to use for yourself."

You thought long and hard about his words, before ultimately smiling and nodding, "Yes... I think it's better if I learn both and then weigh out my capabilities with them."

And so, you spent another day practicing how to shoot, switching between a handgun and a rifle. You were being even more worked up about this because you knew that whomever you intern with, you'll have to go on patrols and stuff, and for that, you need to know how to fight in case you need it.

As you were done for today, you followed your routine of bidding Snipe goodbye before finally making your way back home. As you hauled yourself towards your house, you suddenly heard a ringing from your phone. Upon inspection, you found out that you had set an alarm for today.

"Ah, right... The sale on the eggs at the grocery store... It ends today." You muttered to yourself before heaving a sigh.

Oh great. Just what you needed today after a day filled with nothing but training. Still, you managed to gaslight yourself into thinking that you could do it, and decided to make your way towards the grocery store.

Once there, your eyes widened.

Is this your lucky day?! Despite the sale, there wasn't nearly as much of a crowd as you were expecting, in fact, there were just a handful of people there. With a skip in your step, you picked up your basket and walked over to the aisle that had eggs.