17

The next day when you returned to school... things were rather hectic.

The moment your group of friends saw your bandaged hand, they began to run around in worry like a bunch of headless chicken. It did make you chuckle for a bit until Fumiko began interrogating you, "Who did this to you, [Name]-chan?! Who do I need to beat senseless?! Give me the names!!"

Okay, never mind. This was getting out of hand.

So you did the mature thing and immediately rushed to calm them down, "Girls, girls... I'm fine... I just fell down from a tree while trying to help a cat, okay? Don't worry!" They didn't seem that comforted but at least they were much calmer and civilized them before.

What you hadn't expected, was the somewhat (again, very unnoticeable) smug look that Todoroki gave you when you sat next to him during chemistry period, "I thought you said you don't fall often, [Last Name]-san."

This little-

Is he really giving you the 'I told you so' talk right now?! When did Todoroki become such a sassy savage?!

With gritted teeth, you gave him a strained smile, "It just happened twice, Todoroki-san. It's not that often." He looked back at the flask while taking the dropper from your side. Yet you caught a hint of a smirk on his face, "Sure."

He's such a little shit!

Grumbling under your breath, you took a flask of your own and began to work on your sublimation, not really wanting to deal with sassy Todoroki who looked like he would roast you.

Unbeknownst to you, the dual haired boy, despite not knowing why he felt so weird when he saw you injured, was feeling somewhat smug after having won the argument with you.

He figured that you reminded him of an angry rabbit when you were annoyed.

————

You managed to get a message from Kirishima, who told you about how good of a job he had done at the exams. While you were happy for him, you couldn't help the envy that budded in you. You were genuinely happy for his success, but you also felt annoyed at your own failure in getting points.

Meanwhile, Midoriya hadn't messaged you up till now.

While you were worried, you figured that you should give him some space.

Until, you were sitting in your room, two days after the exam, and you were greeted with a message from Midoriya.

Midoriya Izuku

Midoriya Izuku

Can I call you, [Last Name]-san?

You saw his message and immediately typed in a yes. The moment you saw that he had read the message, you received a call from him, making you sit up on your bed.

"Hello, Midoriya-san?" You greeted, but all you were met with was silence.

Until a sob entered your ears.

Midoriya was crying.

You were never the best at comforting someone. So you just stayed quiet, and let him cry his heart out. You don't know what happened, whether it was related to the exams or if it was related to his personal life, but you didn't interrupt him as he cried.

He went on for about five minutes before you heard him gasping for his breath and you finally decided to speak up in the softest tone, "Midoriya-san... Are you okay? Would you like me to come over?"

You remember walking him back home when you both had met, so you knew where his house was. Even after that, you both had met up a few times and you had went to pick him up as well. If he wanted to meet up, you would be ready to do so.