71

The moment you felt the warm arms of Shoji wrap around your body, you finally relaxed, knowing that you were safe now.

It was almost like the feeling of his arms snuggly holding you was the only stimulus your body needed to finally shut down after holding out for so long. You had been pushing yourself past your limits for way too long, hitting ignore on all the previous times you should have fainted, but didn't.

Looks like all that had actually taken its toll on you, because while your body wasn't responding to you, you were faintly aware of your surroundings. You're not sure if this was because your mind was still overridden with paranoia, and you were still working on adrenaline to keep you half-conscious.

But whatever the reason was, you heard just what exactly was taking place.

And to your misfortune, it seems like this wasn't the end of the villains parade that had been rushing in to attack you guys. Because that portal bastard had ended up bringing even more people to help the initial villains fight your friends.

"Took you bastards long enough..." You faintly recall Dabi declaring as another male voice, not being recognisable by you, entered in, "Don't go around complaining. You guys just had to deal with a bunch of high school brats. We're the ones who had to fight those pros."

In the distance, you heard Midoriya yell at Todoroki, "Todoroki-kun, watch out! They've got backup!"

"Yeah!" Todoroki replied.

"Just focus on retrieving Kacchan and Tokoyami-kun! Don't engage in any unnecessary combat!" Midoriya yelled back.

"I know that! I just need both you and Shoji to keep [Last Name] safe!" Upon hearing Todoroki say that, you heard Midoriya growl under his breath, "Like hell I'll them take her away... Over my dead body, will I let [Last Name]-san get hurt anymore..."

Shoji didn't add anything else to what Midoriya had said, but you could feel it when he had tightened his arms around you slightly, in a protective way.

You don't know what exactly happened after that.

You were still treading on the line of consciousness and unconsciousness, so most of the time you were trying to make sure your brain didn't shut off along with your body.

But on some certain occasions, you could hear Shoji's haggard breathing as the boy looked close to crying, "M-Midoriya... She's slowly turning cold..."

That's when your greenette friend really began to panic.

He could feel his own breathing quicken, along with his heart beating so loudly he could hear it in his ears. Now that he was taking a good look at you, he could see how shallow your breathing had become.

His mind went completely blank.

God... What should he do?! What should someone even do when you're unconscious?!

God damn it, if you were in his place, you would easily know what to do! But a mindless fool like him doesn't even know how to help you, let alone protect you.

God damn it, he feels so useless. He can't fight and neither can he help you.

As for you, that was the last thing you remembered before fighting off the darkness that was taking over your mind, became too difficult to resist.

And so, you finally passed out.

Meanwhile, the fight amongst your friends and the villains continued. The arrival of Spinner and Magne had only made things harder for Todoroki, as he was the only one who was able to fight properly, considering Midoriya's condition and Shoji being occupied with you in his arms.