36

As Midoriya is taken away, you and all your friends decide to go after him and follow him to Recovery Girl's office.

Once you guys do make it there, the old doctor is quick to announce that due to his severe injuries, Midoriya will be undergoing surgery. It is then, that all panic ensues.

You and Uraraka are extremely worried that you hold onto each other for support while Iida is chopping the air in sheer worry, "Is he going to be okay?!" You ask and the old lady gives you a wrinkled smile, "Oh, yes... He'll be completely fine, dear."

At least the reassurance from Recovery Girl manages to calm you all down. But it still doesn't help when all of you are ushered out so that the surgery can take place.

Seeing how the next match is about to begin, and one of its competitors is Iida, you all half-heartedly make your way back to the bleachers. After wishing a good luck to Iida, you watch how he easily defeats Shiozaki-san, that you met back in the cafeteria.

And the moment the match ends, the realisation dawns upon you. It's your match now.

God, you really don't wanna fight Tokoyami...

But your anxieties are qualmed when Tokoyami approaches you himself and gives you a small smile, "Let's do our best, [Last Name]-san." You shakily nod and at that moment, Dark Shadow appears.

"[Last Name]!! No hard feelings, who ever wins, okay?! Even if we fight, you're still my favorite person!!" His words do manage to calm you down, and as encouragement, your friends all give you words of reassurance.

"Do your best, [Last Name]-chan!" Uraraka says as Mina and Hagakure nod at her side, "We'll be cheering so loudly for you, the entire stadium will know we're your friends!!"

"We will root for you, so do your best! And don't... don't panic, focus on your surroundings too, alright? I've noticed that Dark Shadow is weaker against light, so you should try to fight where there's more sunlight." You thank Momo for her tips, stuffing the info at the back of your mind because you're worried that you're gonna fail.

You can't think of a proper plan... You mind is completely blank.

"Don't get hurt like Midoriya, kero." Tsu only says that and gives you a cute smile while Iida, who has just came back, goes full-on mother hen mode on how you have done amazing up till now and he expects you to do even better now.

It totally doesn't make you worry for meeting his expectations.

But regardlessly, you thank everyone and finally make your way towards the stage.

You hear Present Mic introducing Tokoyami as a knight of darkness... and he finally starts your introduction when you walk out towards the stage, "VERSUS, SHE'LL TURN INVISIBLE AND BEAT YOUR ASS, IT'S [LAST NAME][NAME], ALSO OF THE HERO COURSE!! NOW THEN, LET'S SEE WHO IS GOING TO WIN THIS FATED BATTLE!"

You take a deep breath in order to calm your nerves and Tokoyami gives you a small smile to ease you up a bit. Blowing some air out through your pursed lips, you give him back a shaky smile as Midnight raises her whip up.

"Ready? And.... Start!!"

The moment she yells those words, Dark Shadow rushes at you, but you immediately turn yourself invisible and move to the side. With that, you realise that you need to take off your shoes to actually creep up on Tokoyami, so you quickly take them off while standing and place them down near the edge of the boundary.

Dark Shadow, who is listening to you fumble around with your shoes, rushes over to your hidden figure and you narrowly dodge the attack. You take one look at Tokoyami and you've blinded him as well.