33

By the time the girls had all filed a complaint to Aizawa over Mineta and Kaminari, it was finally time for the third event to begin. Midnight made another dramatic entrance as she declared.

"The third and final event of the Sports Festival is... A one-on-one Battle Tournament!!" Yup, just like you had expected.

Almost all the last events of each pervious years' Sports Festivals were the same; battle tournaments.

But before she could show the drawing that determined the pairing of the contestants, a hand rose up amongst you all.

It was Ojiro.

He had a disturbed look on his face as he peered at the heroine, "Um, excuse me? I would like to withdraw from this contest." He then proceeded to say that his participation in the Cavalry Battle was done by being manipulated and insinuated that it was because of Shinsou's Quirk.

He also added that he understands that the tournament event is a rare opportunity and that walking away would be foolish, but while everyone was giving their best on their own, he wasn't doing his best due to being manipulated.

You saw Mina and Hagakure trying to convince him, but he was a man of dignity. But it seems like he wasn't the only one, because another student from class 1-B also said the same thing and proceeded to withdraw as well.

Now, you are totally okay with that. But why did Midnight have to say that she's being turned on by their youthfulness?! Like, ma'am? What the fuck? That's a child-no... Two children!

Whatever that was... You were just glad that they all moved on and then proceeded to compensate for the two students by allowing two students from the runner-up team to participate. But the said team, which was actually Team Kendo, gave up the opportunity to Team Tetsutetsu.

Aww, Kendo really is a sweetheart!

With that, they finally drew the lots. Your eyes casted upon the first battle, Midoriya vs Shinsou.

You best believe that you prayed fervently to God, for your greenette friend to beat that Tinky Winky looking bastard. God, you wanna punch his face so bad! He's got a really punchable face too!!

But then you continued to sift through the battles and finally saw your face.

You were up against Aoyama, the sparkly guy.

Once everyone saw who they were up against, Midnight finally began on the rules, "Alright! The rules include the two participating students to fight in a large circle! Your goal should be either to knock your opponent out or push them out of the boundary. No lethal moves, and no endangering your opponent! That's all!"

A small recreational activity break was taken before the first match and you were on your seat's edge as you decided to at least wish Midoriya some good luck (totally not intending to tell him to beat Shinsou's ass).

You saw Midoriya in the hallway and quickly jogged up to him, "Midoriya-san! Good luck for your match!" Making sure to pat his shoulder, you give him a kind smile that he reciprocated.

"Thanks, [Last Name]-san, I'll definitely do my best! Although... I'm not so sure I'll do any good..." You frowned as soon as you heard his words. Midoriya's lack of confidence in his own abilities always saddened you. Your lips pulled into a frown and in the rush of the moment, you pulled Midoriya's hands in your own.

"Midoriya-san... I don't know why you continue to downplay your own achievements but please stop it. You've done absolutely phenomenal ever since the festival started, and all of it without even using your quirk! I have no doubt that you'll do absolutely great! It doesn't matter if you win or lose, because all that matters is that you made this far, without even relying on your self-destructive quirk!" His emerald green eyes shined at your words.