38

You wake up with a slight throb in your back, a sharp breath of air is inhaled as the small twinge suddenly bursts into a painfully abrupt stabbing ache. You can feel the tears pricking at the edge of your eyes as you try to raise your head, but an equally agonizing headache that feels like it might split your head in two, suddenly hits you.

"U-Ugh..." The pain-filled groans leave your mouth on reflex, but it seems like they were the answer to all your prayers for relief because Recovery Girl enters the room, not seconds later.

"Oh, my. Are you awake, dear? You shouldn't move around, I simply patched you up. I have yet to heal you." Oh, no wonder the pain was killing you.

You vividly remember Bakugo using his explosions while grabbing onto your hair, which explains why the few strands of hair that fell in front of your eyes seemed charred, not to mention, the excruciatingly painful headache.

But the real misery came from the explosions he let off at your back and your sides. They were the real pain in the ass for you. Thankfully, Recovery Girl immediately set to work and kissed your cheek, and almost instantly, you felt the god-awful aches disappearing. As if they weren't there to begin with.

Even your head ache felt much better, yet the happiness of being healed was short-lived when you were hit with a wave of fatigue. Oh, right... Recovery Girl's quirk was making you tired... No wonder she didn't use it while you were knocked out. You were already low on energy, and if she used it while you were unconscious, no one would know if you ended up dying from the lack of energy.

Like before, the elderly doctor gave you a handful of gummy bears to chew on, and you found yourself munching on them as you finally sat up. You thought about the last thing that happened before you fell unconscious.

You lost against Bakugo.

Oh, well... it's not like you were expecting to win either. That guy's on another level for you, your weak ass would never have won against him if even Uraraka or Kirishima couldn't either.

That still didn't stop you from sulking though. Fortunately, you were approached by Recovery Girl as you sat up, "Your friends were quite worried. They wanted to check up on you, and visited about twice already." She informed and your eyes widened.

Your friends are such sweethearts. You really feel like you don't deserve them...

The mentioning of your friends left you in a better mood than before, and you certainly showed that by the small quipping of your lips, "I see... Can I go see them, then? I feel a lot better." She nodded with a wrinkly smile.

"Go ahead, I've already healed you. But the last match isn't going to start until another 10 minutes, so unless you want to see the fight, you can rest here if you feel unwell." You gave her a grateful smile yet politely declined her offer. You really wanted to see your friends right now.

So you walked through the hallways, a small smile playing on your lips as you placed another gummy bear in your mouth and ultimately finishing the stash that Recovery Girl had given you. You dusted your hands after that and continued your brisk walk.

As you skipped through the hallways, excited to see your friends, you walked by a tall, flaming man with a stern look on his face.

Endeavor, the number two hero.

You tried to get away from his path as much as you could, trying to hide away from his gaze even though you knew he had no reason to look at you or even acknowledge your presence.

Yet, despite what you thought, the flaming hero turned to your figure that was trying to get away from him, and frowned, "You. Girl." He called out, immediately making you freeze in your spot, "I-Is there something I can help you with?" You slowly turned to meet his gaze, only to realise just how terrifying it was.