57

Despite having already talked to Shoji, and him admitting that he was the one who was looking at you the whole day, you couldn't help but feel like you were still being watched.

At first, it was a very small, fleeting feeling. Like the person was far away.

But the more you began to walk faster in slight fear, the closer they got. You swore you even saw a silhouette flash behind you, once or twice.

But before you could even do anything, it was gone.

You had even turned yourself invisible but no matter what route you took, you could still feel the pair of eyes on you.

In a last minute effort, you began to sprint as fast as you could and then... You saw it.

Someone rushing behind you, and you almost let out a scream.

There weren't that many people around you, and if this guy ended up knocking you out or dragging you to an alley, you would have no way of escape.

You couldn't see their face or even their clothes, you were too busy maneuvering your way around the area to get in more crowded places.

Fuck, why are the streets so empty today?!

You turned around to see the person, hoping that maybe you had lost him or perhaps you were just hallucinating a guy stalking you, but you were horrified to find out that he was almost about to close in on you.

Based on reflex, a scream tore through your lips and your eyes screwed themselves shut when you felt your body collide with something from upfront.

Thinking it was one of his accomplice, you immediately jumped back and had tears welling up in your eyes.

But to your surprise, you were met with a young, confused girl. She seemed like she was the same age as you, looking at you with worry shining in her eyes.

"Are you okay, miss?" She started and seeing her, you immediately snapped your head back to see...

Nothing.

The guy following you was gone. So was the feeling of being watched.

"I-I... What?" Was all you could mutter as sweat dripped from your forehead. What the hell just happened?!

"You look like you just saw a ghost, are you okay?" She mentioned and that managed to snap you back to reality.

"Huh? Oh..." Not answering her, you shakily got up and walked up to the alleyway that was as far as he was from you when you were running.

You didn't find anything in there.

Nothing at all.

It didn't even look like he had ran away or any signs of him getting away.

Maybe he had a teleportation quirk? There's a good chance that maybe he did, "Miss?" The girl called out once more and you finally turned to her.

But just at the end, you saw something shining in the periphery of your vision; a shiny blue marble.

You ignored it as a discarded ramune marble and walked up to the girl, "Are you alright?"

You couldn't help the small fearful frown on your lips, "I think so... I think someone was stalking me..." She seemed very shocked at your revelation, "Shouldn't you report that?"

"I don't know, I didn't even see anything about them other than... their mask." You recalled the mask.

A white mask with black designs.

"Then... Do you want me to accompany you to where you're going?"

"Oh, no, no... It's fine... I wouldn't want to bother you, I'll just..." Maybe you should call one of your friends? Your brother or sister won't be able to leave early and you don't want to scare your father.