47

After the realisation set in you, you didn't waste any time to explain it to Edgeshot, who was busy helping the civilians and keeping the Nomu at bay.

"You're telling me your classmates may or may not engage in a fight against the Hero Killer?" The ninja hero spoke with disbelief lining his voice. You decided to spare him the details of Iida getting revenge because that would just make things worse for the bespectacled boy. You want to help him, not get him in trouble.

"Alright, I'll believe you! But you need to stay put and help the civilians, just call for back-up back at the agency!" While your stomach churned at the aspect of leaving Iida and Midoriya to fight the Hero Killer all by themselves, you really didn't have much of a choice.

It was either you call for backup or you rush over there, yourself and have the possibility of being a disappointment to Edgeshot, who had been nothing but kind to you and had been believing in you.

And so, you obviously decided to take the former choice. But as soon as you whipped your phone out, you were met with a message in your classroom groupchat.

It was from Midoriya...

There was just some coordinates to an area...

Shit!! He's already fighting him!! Why else would he be calling for help?!

Without wasting another second, you called the agency with the number you had been provided from Edgeshot on the very first day, and heard someone pick up. You didn't even let them start when you yelled out.

"We need backup!! The coordinates I'm sending you!! I need you to get there, the people there are in trouble!" The receptionist lady sputtered and immediately reassured you that help was arriving, simultaneously dispatching sidekicks to the location you had sent.

"How long till they arrive there?!" You were hoping that Flashgate would be able to teleport there, but you were met with disappointing news when the lady spoke up, "15 minutes, at best! I'm sorry, even Flashgate can only flash 10 from the location sent there!"

Your face paled. You recalled how Flashgate's quirk worked.

She could exchange places with whatever object she had touched and marked. This meant, that the object she had marked was about 10 minutes away from where Midoriya was. That's too late!

The coordinates to the place he had sent you was 5 minutes away from where you were, if you were to walk! If you ran, it would take you 3 minutes at most.

But you recalled Edgeshot's words.

"But you need to stay put and help the civilians, just call for back-up back at the agency!"

You don't want to go against his words. You don't want him to regret taking you as an intern. You don't want to be a disappointment when he's finally began seeing you as someone worthy.

But... Midoriya and Iida are most probably fighting for their lives! Will your intervention even help them?! You don't know that much about the Hero Killer's quirk, just a few snippets here and there.

"Iris!! Where's Shoto?!" Edgeshot asked you as you turned to him surprise, "Huh?! He's not here?!"

What the hell?! Shoto's missing too?!

'Don't tell me... he's gone to help Midoriya and Iida?! That idiot! He'll just get in trouble!!'

That was all you could think about, following orders and not getting in trouble. As you evacuated the civilians, your mind drifted off to what your sister had told you.

"You don't have a single rebellious bone in you, do you?"

You don't. You're a coward, through and through. Even when your friends' lives are on the line, you're thinking about not getting in trouble yourself.