after the storm

I'm tryna find my way back, there's no day off for heroes

"no offense but this is sort of awkward, why am i here again?" jueri cleared her throat, cutting off the awkward silence that surrounded the room

"no offense but this is sort of awkward, why am i here again?" jueri cleared her throat, cutting off the awkward silence that surrounded the room. she had no idea where to look or how to act or what to say, this was all too much.

"moral support." mark and mikyung answered at the same time, the both of them tense at her sides. mikyung had been twitching and scratching her hair out of nerves since the moment they had gotten there and mark was stiff as a board.

not to mention maelin who was awkwardly hovering around with her tea mug in hand.

"again no offense, but he was my intro to programming teacher and my asb mentor.... this is kind of awkward," she mumbled, scratching at her nape. "this is a family reunion, not family plus jueri." she nudged mark who was too nervous to even open his mouth.

"i'm right here you know..." bailey, her asb mentor and allegedly the lee siblings eldest brother, deadpanned. "this is just as awkward for me as it is for you... i was told grandma and grandpa were our only family." he chuckled awkwardly.

"they're still alive?" maelin nearly choked on her tea, eyes wide. they all stared at her in silence, bailey sending her a questioning look. "sorry i haven't talked to them in... years. they don't exactly.... like me." she laughed off her reaction, finally moving to sit down on the stool that was set up beside the bed.

"it's okay. they're not exactly... the most fun people ever. why do you think i live here and not in canada?" bailey hummed, rubbing his hands on his pants.

"im so glad you agree because i have sooo much shit to talk about, dude!" maelin gasped, clapping her hands together in excitement. the family then went on to tell stories of their very different times in canada while jueri watched with a smile, slowly removing herself from marks side to make her way into the kitchen.

she sighed as she bent down into the fridge, grabbing a soda with an uncontrollable sense of happiness. the lee family was back together, they didn't have to worry about ahin or heili anymore, and everything was okay.

"happy and comfortable, you want, happy and comfortable, you get missus lee," she hummed under her breath, opening the can while looking at the picture frame on the counter that held a picture they had found of their mothers posing goofy for the camera. "hope i made you guys proud." she hugged, caressing the frame.

"okay ginger girl in the lee household, im in the right place." someone spoke from behind her, causing her to drop her soda can on the ground with a yelp.

"holy shit!" she was quick to move away from the spilt liquid, backing up against the counter. "what the fu- jangmi!?" she basically screamed, wide eyed as she stared at the woman in front of her in shock.

there was a loud crash as both mark and mikyung came tumbling into the kitchen, nearly falling on top of each other as they scrambled to come to her rescue.