loverboy

"hey mom," jueris voice shook as she sat down in front of the gray headstone, the snow in the grass crunching underneath her

"hey mom," jueris voice shook as she sat down in front of the gray headstone, the snow in the grass crunching underneath her. it was beginning to get colder as the days went on and although they were about to have quite possibly one of the hardest battles ever, she had to find time to speak to her mother.

"you know all this time i've wondered why my life was the way it was," she sighed. "why you had to leave so early. why i was born with these weird powers. why i had to endure everything without you." she muttered as she picked at the blanket that covered her lap.

the wind blew cold and the moon hung in the night sky provided little to no light. but this was okay. she was comfortable here, it didn't matter that it was cold and dark.

"but i finally figured it out," she smiled, pushing her hair out of her face. "i saw you in this weird
like vision of when i was younger. you, mikyung, and minhee- it all makes sense now. everything clicked." she snapped her fingers to imitate the clicking sound that went on in her head.

"mark lee, i'm sure you know of him. he's spiderman, you know," she chuckled, whispering the last part. "i really didn't like him at first, i thought he was a creep. but now i just- i don't know how to explain it. it's like everything is easier to deal with when i'm around him." she sighed out, carding a hand through her hair that blew crazy in the wind.

"he's gentle, and he really really cares for me. i met this girl, freya, and she told me he would probably sacrifice the world for me, which is crazy because superheroes are supposed to do the opposite." she rolled her eyes in endearment, her stomach tingling at the thought.

she continued to ramble on about what's been happening between her and mark as well as how she found mikyung again. the crunch of snow a little ways away from her caught her attention, the girl turning her head to face whoever had made their way over.

it was the man that had helped her out of the panic room. but instead of dusty purple hair and a bright smile, he had brown hair and a reluctant look on his face.

"i promise i'm not here to do anything bad," he held his hands out in front of him. "i'm not even sure you know who i am, but i know who you are. i'm sure you're used to that by now." he huffed, stepping closer.

"yeah," jueri pursed her lips, looking back at her mothers grave before looking at the male wearily. "so who are you?" she tilted her head in question.

"l.dh," the man said simply, but jueri immediately rose her brows in alarm. "i know- i know. i'm the guy who's been against you from the start, but i promise i mean no harm anymore. my names donghyuck. lee donghyuck." he screwed his eyes shut tight with guilt laced in his voice.

"anymore?" jueri questioned hesitantly, unsure if she should continue the conversation with the male.

he hesitated for a moment before sighing and coming closer, sitting next to her and facing her.

"i'm from the universe that journal came from. the one where the girl hated mark," he began to explain. "i can't even start to explain how hard it was to live through everything i did. mark was my best friend, my rock, my light- and one day this pink haired chick comes and ruins my entire life." he groaned, running his hand over his face.

it was clear now that he really meant no harm. he was just in pain. not physically, no, but mentally, yes. that much was clear.

"she murdered almost all of my friends. and mark was just... he was just going insane because of her sick, twisted mind games. it was heili who lived in her riling up the minhyung inside of that mark and it didn't end pretty." he shook his head as it hung low.

jueris heart clenched at the males words, the realization that he just wanted to prevent mark from going through any more hardships now evident.

"i had to kill him. he killed our best friend because he had hallucinated that she was heili. and then she tried to kill me but i killed her first." his voice began to shake and his hands were restless as they picked at the loose threads from his distressed jeans.

they had it all wrong. donghyuck didn't mean any harm. he just wanted to prevent the harm. obviously he did want jueri gone in order for that to happen, but it was clear he had changed his mind about that part.

"i thought it'd be the same here, that no one would be able to fight against it and mark would die yet again, but i was wrong," he sniffed. "it's different. everything's different and i can't even start to explain how happy it makes me." he chuckled in relief.

jueri smiled, reaching out to pat his arm. "i won't hold it against you. you just wanted him safe and sound, i'd want the same if he was my best friend." she shrugged, pulling her hand back.

"seems like he's a little more than a best friend," the male teased. "he came into my apartment and nearly webbed me into the next universe to demand he know where you were." he snorted, shaking his head.

jueri gasped in shock, a look of guilt crossing her face. "i'm so sorry! i don't know why he did that." her cheeks began to glow in embarrassment as she imagined the scene. mark had some weird protective problem attached to him, probably because he was a superhero and all.

"it's alright," donghyuck shook his head. "i can tell that man's head over heels. rightfully so, you seem like a pretty cool girl." he smiled at her.

"i'm not sure why, all i've been is cold to him," she murmured, shrugging her shoulders. "he's a good guy, it's the superhero in him." donghyuck hummed in agreement, but also shook his head in disagreement.

"it's the lover boy in him. it's disgusting, but i guess it's like cute or whatever," he rolled his eyes. "just try not to be the love interest that dies this time. and don't go crazy." he pointed a warning finger at her.

"i'll try my best."

finally updating this damn chapter bruh