time out

a loud gasp rang through the walls of the spacious room jueri was sat in as she woke up abruptly, eyes widening

a loud gasp rang through the walls of the spacious room jueri was sat in as she woke up abruptly, eyes widening. she was disoriented and still tired, her body wishing for more sleep.

on any other day, under any other circumstances, she probably would've just rolled over and closed her eyes again; falling back asleep until she felt it was necessary to wake up again.

but seeing as she was sitting straight up, her arms and legs attached to some kind of futuristic chair, rolling over and falling back asleep wasn't really an option right now.

"where the hell am i!" she began to panic, wriggling in the chair. she gained the attention of two men who were having a hushed conversation a little ways away from her. "get me out!" she cried in frustration.

her body began to acknowledge the pain in her forearms caused by the restraints and the fact that her legs were both asleep, pricking painfully as the seconds ticked by. she felt claustrophobic. even in such a large room, she could hardly move.

the two men had mad their way towards her, arms folded over their chests with straight faces. "finally you're awake." the black haired man in front of her said snidely.

"why am i here?" jueri furrowed her brows, breathing heavily as her eyes flit between the two men. the blonde one pursed his lips, inhaling for a second before speaking's

"we just needed to ask you a few questions-"
"and kidnapping me was the best way to go about it!?" jueri exclaimed with a perplexed expression, eyebrows pinched as she continued to struggle in the seat. "what the hell is this thing?" she grunted, attempting to pull her arms from the restraints.

"we call them time outs. those little restraints keep you from being able to use even the smallest amount of your abilities." the blond haired man pointed at the things that kept her arms and ankles down. they were glowing blue and felt cold, very uncomfortable.

"time outs? seriously? very clever." jueri deadpanned, giving up on trying to escape from the contraption. "and abilities? like superpowers? you're insane, i don't have superpowers." she scoffed, rolling her eyes. fake it til you make it, that's what she lived by.

clearly in this kind of situation it probably wasn't the best idea to lie to these men who probably had way much more power over her, but what else was she supposed to do? tell them about herself and end up as some kind of science project? no thanks.

"so that isnt you?" the black haired man pointed to a large floating tv screen in front of them that very obviously displayed a video of a girl who clearly looked exactly like jueri, purple emitting from her hands to save a vase that had nearly fallen and shattered in one of the hallways of the NCTC tower.

"nope." she winced, well aware that she wasn't convincing them in the slightest. "look i don't know what you're trying to get out of me, but i'm not telling you any-" she was cut off by the sound of the elevator dinging and the doors opening, revealing a face she definitely hadn't expected to see in her kidnapped state.