whats up danger

oh alice dear, where have you been? so near, so far, so in between

"this is actually fucking insane." emilia concluded as they all stood a few miles away from their designated destination in a secluded area. zaiaku stood high and mighty in the middle of the elverent lake, it's shiny black exterior blinding in the sunrise.

by the time they had made it to elverent it was sunrise and everyone was buzzing with nervous energy, not sure if this plan would go the way they wanted it to.

if it did they would be able to work with alice and hopefully fix the problem at hand with the sirens, but if it didn't they would definitely end up in zaiaku themselves.

"yeah and jueris been vibrating for the past ten minutes, we're definitely fucked." jake stressed, running a shaky hand through his hair. if anyone was nervous, it was jake. he'd never been in a situation like this and although his job was literally to wait in the car and drive them home he was still scared shitless of the outcomes that could possibly come.

"we're not fucked. entirely. well okay maybe we're fucked, but at least we're fucked together right? like an orgy or something." jueri mumbled feverishly under her breath as she paced around, the designs on her suit glowing in faint waves of violet.

"um... maybe let's not use that comparison," dasom snorted, shaking her head. "we have three people who can teleport at basically the speed of light and all of our faces are covered. if we're fucked it's only cause we'll have harley quinn wannabe in less than a ten foot radius of us." she rolled her eyes, leaning on the hood of jakes temporary car.

"you guys should get a move on, this place is covered in water and if we want to get her before the sirens we need to do this as quickly as possible." lily craned her head out of the car, her laptop sat in her lap as she somehow managed to pull up footage from the cameras from inside the penitentiary.

"she's right," mark sighed, tapping his neck twice so his mask would engulf the whole of his head. "this place is giving me weird feelings. like i've been here or something... i don't like it." he shivered as he looked up at the sky, grimacing internally.

"let's go then." dasom hummed, holding her hand out to phoenix and emilia. renjun sighed, pulling lily to his side by her forearm.

"ready?" mark questioned jueri who was now still, looking up at the large building that seemed so far away yet so up close. she turned to him, only the top half of her face visible, but he could imagine she was biting her lip out of nerves. "in and out. we'll get in and out. come on butterfly, you fought that cloaked woman no problem. this isn't a fight it's a kidnapping mission. we'll be alright." he spoke softly, his hand moving to interlock their fingers.

she nodded silently, turning back to face in front of them. in the next second they had disappeared into thin air, leaving only faint clouds of fog behind.