if you could be a superhero

since you were younger, the universal question "if you were a superhero, what would you want your powers to be?" has always been something you consider

since you were younger, the universal question "if you were a superhero, what would you want your powers to be?" has always been something you consider. telekinesis, or invisibility? what would your superhero name be? what would your suit look like?

the constant romanticizing of superhero's and supernatural beings was complete and utter bullshit.

or at least, that's what moon jueri would tell you if you asked her.

fortunately for all the superhero loving people in the universe, they existed in this one. people who had jaw dropping, world saving abilities walked this very earth with confidence and big heads.

and to the population of Zelan, moon jueri was just another ordinary 20 year old college student from australia. and that was what she was comfortable being, just a regular, plain human being.

unfortunately, the purple orbs that came from her hands and the ability to manipulate the shadows were not characteristics a normal plain human being would have.

in her opinion, she didn't have cool powers like the Neos who were the superheroes of the world. they were the ones who did all the saving and shit.

she's yet to fully explore the abilities she had discovered she possessed when she was young, and quite frankly she would rather leave them unexplored. never going any further than making complex shadow puppets and lighting up a room with the bright purple orbs that would appear when she simply flicked her wrist.

but that didn't matter, because to the public she was normal. she was a normal student at NCIT, or new culture institution of technology. there were few people who knew about her abilities, other than that they were extremely confidential.

"oh come on gogo!"
"i'm saying no and you cannot change my mind ."
"but-"
"no."

"woah what's going on here?" jueri snorts as she walks into the dorms common room, kit and ringo arguing never being a surprising scene. 

"mj, get your dog off of me!" ringo groaned from his spot under kit on the couch, his face completely squished by her back as she laid on him. "she's fucking insane." he pushed at the girl, struggling to move her even an inch.

"youre insane for trying to turn this down!" kit exclaimed, allowing jueri to pull her off and onto the ground in front of the couch. "jules, he wants to turn down a chance to tour the NCTC tower with us! tell him he's out of his mind." the younger girl insisted, blowing her bangs out of her eyes.

"i have things to do that day! and professor sun has been piling assignments, i need to work on everything and get it in in time." he groaned, running his hands over his face. jueri scoffed, shaking her head as she pulled the boy upright.

"ew, no, you're going. this is literally a life changing, once in a lifetime. you're not passing because you need to be a nerd." if there was one person who was keen on focusing on having fun over focusing on your studies, it was undeniably jueri.