test me im mortal

born to be desired

"i'll play dead," there was an immediate sound of disagreement from mark as jueri paced around the room, essentially trying to figure out a plan to go into this fight with

"i'll play dead," there was an immediate sound of disagreement from mark as jueri paced around the room, essentially trying to figure out a plan to go into this fight with. "i mean think about it! they want me dead in the first place, why don't we give them that?" she stumbled over her words, trying to explain them before lily ringo and mark completely shut her down.

"well..." lily trailed off apprehensively. "it's a good idea, but we don't know if they'll buy it. you don't realize how strong you are but the sirens do. something so minor like a little explosion isn't gonna kill you off. it'd be dangerous." she bit her lip in thought. jueri groaned, rolling her head back along with her eyes.

"listen butterfly, playing dead isn't as easy as it seems," mark sighed, sitting forward on the futon in phoenixs room. "especially if you're the entire reason they're doing all of this, they won't stop until they know you're completely dead." he shook his head, worry written all over his face.

"okay but think of it this way. if i can just get them to believe that i'm dead for even the slightest second, it'll give us the upper hand," she explained hastily. "they'll stop fighting for even the slightest second and it gives us the chance to put those fun little devices karina concocted on them." she had a point, but still the idea was scary.

they didn't know whether or not the sirens would fully believe it if she played dead, not a lot of people did. but she had a point because even if they could distract them for the slightest second they'd be able to get the upper hand.

"i just think that-" ringo began to speak but jueri cut him off with her hand held up as a vibration ran down her body in waves.

"ill be right back." she quipped, stepping forward only to disappear into a cloud of black smoke.

immediately she was in the hotel room that her kit and karina were supposed to be staying in thanks to the damage control re-homing system. although they hadn't been, they still stayed there like once every blue moon when they needed a just girls night or a little space so it wasn't entirely barren. nothing looked suspicious.

there was knocking at the door the moment she entered the apartment, the girl quick to step up to the door to look through the peephole. she smiled when she realized the familiar face, happy to see someone that wasn't a part of the superhero vigilante she had.

"ahin!" she exclaimed almost immediately after opening the door, offering a wide smile to the older. the woman smiled brightly back, waving with her free hand.

"i just wanted to come and check on you. i've been checking on everyone today but some people haven't been where they're supposed to be." she chuckled, running a hand through her hair.

jueri stepped to the side to allow her room to come in, offering her water which the older politely turned down.

"how have you been? i feel like i haven't heard from any of you since all the... chaos." ahin frowned. although she wasn't the most likeable ra ever, she was pretty nice when it came to caring for everyone.