the great mermaid

as long as you don't give up, the truth is in the end

jueri knew this was stupid. she knew good and well using her freaky way of teleporting (which she had been getting better at doing) to get to city stranger at near midnight was a terrible idea.

but dasom had encouraged her to find out more regarding her past life in white chapel. she gave her an adress and gave her two names, insisting that she go on the hunt for the two unknown people for their help as there was only so much phoenix and dasom could do to help access her first life's memories.

so here jueri was, walking down a dark alleyway in city stranger with a gps on her phone that she was sure had to be wrong.

she hated being here, in city stranger, because not only did this city have one of the highest crime rates in aleigh but it was also dark and eerie. she admits she should've asked dasom or ringo to come with her, but she figured it would probably be better to go alone.

still, she was nervous as to what would happen. kim jin and joo, that's all dasom had given her about who she was going to meet. she didn't explain how or why they would help her, she just said to trust them.

and that's what picked at jueris nerves because how was she supposed to trust someone she only knew by name? she doesn't know who these people are or what they look like, what they do. she could be killed out here for all she knew.

a firm hand on her shoulder completely pulled the girl out of her nervous trance, sending sparks up her spine as her eyes widened and head whipped to the side. a wave of relief washed over her when she realized it was renjun who looked less than impressed.

"jesus fucking christ renjun, please warn someone before you touch them out of nowhere," she breathed, holding her chest. "where did you even come from?" she questioned, earning a shrug from the boy.

"what are you doing sneaking around in... those?" he asked while looking her up and down, blatantly judging her choice of clothing. "and god what did you do to your hair?" he grimaced, earning an eye roll from the young.

"listen, you can't tell anyone i was here. especially not ringo." jueri sighed, pulling a hair through her newly ginger hair. she looked down the alleyway the address dasom had given her, the sight of many people passing by on the main street with no idea that the two were up to something suspicious making this all too nerve wracking.

it didn't take long for the older to realize just what she had been doing, a look of suspicion and intrigue on his face as he tilted his head

"what kind of business does a pretty girl like you have in city stranger?" he smirked. "all by yourself without the protection of your big brother? what could you possibly be doing?" he mused, pushing his hands into the front pockets of his pants.

"i don't think that's any of your business," jueri shook her head, heated stare piercing renjuns. "how did you find me?" renjun chuckled at her defensive demeanor. it was clear she was doing something she wasn't supposed to, she wasn't very good at hiding it.