unlock the past

"come on gloom, we hate being here just as much as you do," phoenix sighed, nudging the girl into the large room in front of them

"come on gloom, we hate being here just as much as you do," phoenix sighed, nudging the girl into the large room in front of them. it didn't take much time for jueri to realize it was the same room she had been stuck in in the neo tower, now looking like some sort of training facility. "we've gotta see what the hell you've got going on." he mumbled.

"gloom? what the hell kind of nickname is that?" jueri muttered, brows furrowed. "and what do you mean see what i've got going on? can't you just ask me what i can do? i think i know better than anyone what i can do." she folded her arms.

"we could do that, but because you're a level nine we can't trust that those cute little purple orbs are the only things you can whip up." dasom smiled, taking jueris hand to guide her towards a small bed like chair that looked like it belonged in a doctors office.

jueri sighed, running a hand over her face. she couldn't believe she had to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to become a cute little lab rat in the neo tower. she hadn't even finished washing her face before she was teleported out of ringos apartment and into an elevator with phoenix and dasom.

dasom whistled, looking over phoenix's shoulder to see what he was doing before teleporting the two feet she could've walked to be right next to jueri, nearly scaring the girl to death.

"sorry, i didn't mean to. i've been tripping up a lot lately, accidentally teleporting places i shouldn't. i don't know what's wrong with me." she apologized sheepishly, rubbing her neck. jueris face softened, her shoulders relaxing as she shook her head.

"that's alright," she smiled. "so you have powers, but he doesn't?" she tilted her head, pointing at phoenix who was preoccupied preparing the digital map on the table in front of him. dasom hummed, nodding with a smile.

"i mean unless he's got some kind of shocking abilities he's been able to hide from me for the past twenty years, i don't think he does." she said sarcastically, shrugging her shoulders.

"wow twenty years, that's a lot," jueri gaped, impressed by the large number. "how did you guys meet?" she asked in interest, mindlessly chewing at her lip.

"well i'm not really sure because i was only about two years old and i hardly knew how to even walk," dasom chuckled. "he was five so i guess if you wanna ask him if he can recall the day my parents dropped me off at his doorstep you'd get a more straightforward answer." she hummed, earning a grunt from phoenix.

"oh..." jueri whispered. "i'm sorry, i didn't-"
"it's okay. not all supernaturals can have perfect parents. i think i'm just lucky phoenixs parents didn't mind another kid." she shrugged, smiling as she watched the said man move around the station in front of him.

"i guess we're sort of the same then," jueri chuckled, leaning back on her hands. "ringos house was basically mine back in australia. i considered his house home and his family mine, my dads was just sort of a second home." she sighed, kicking her legs in front of her.