mark lee is a bad liar

it was safe to say mark had absolutely no idea what to do

it was safe to say mark had absolutely no idea what to do. sure, saving people and making sure they were okay was his job. and sure, he's delt with frantic survivors of crime scenes and whatnot.

but he was completely torn on how the hell he was supposed to console the sobbing girl in the passenger seat next to him. they had arrived in the parking garage under ringos dorm about 10 minutes ago, but he didn't have the heart to tell her that.

"i just wanted to be normal!" she cried, rubbing at her eyes. "i just wanted a normal life away from my dad and all my problems. i don't know how to use my powers because i don't want to know how to use them! i just wanna be normal!" she ranted, sobbing into the sleeves of her sweater.

"and that stupid bitch who decided to start targeting me! fuck her honestly!" she groaned, speaking aggressively and rendering mark even more speechless than he had already been. "i never even got to apologize to maelin." she whined.

mark cleared his throat, looking out of the window at two guys who had just gotten out of their car next to him and were now attempting to look into the tinted windows of johnnys pitch black hyundai FE fuel cell, probably curious as to why such an expensive looking car was sitting in the parking lot.

he thanked the lord the windows were tinted enough to hide who was inside. if they had found out spiderman was just chilling in the drivers seat of a car that wasn't his with a sobbing girl next to him he wasn't sure it would go down well.

"i get it," mark finally spoke. not confidently, as he feared the girl would lash out on him for interrupting her, but he had to get her inside at some point. "your whole world being flipped upside down after some rich ceo finds out you have powers that could help save the world. i've been there." he laughed, the image of taeyong showing up in his room to tell him he knew about him being spiderman on some random sunday night flashing in his head.

"god i'm so stupid! i just... i just wanted to see what the tower was like. i wanted to feel more connected to my mom and look where that got me." she grumbled, wiping her eyes yet again.

"how about we go inside and you get some rest?" mark suggested, turning to look at her with his head tilted. she turned to him with a confused look, but the realization that they had arrived visibly set in her when she began to look out of the windows, her mouth agape.

"ah..." she whispered, sniffing. "i didn't realize we were here already." she muttered, rubbing her nose in embarrassment. the hero beside her chuckled, unbuckling his seat belt.

"we should-"
"you should go. you've got superhero things to do, i'll be alright from here on." jueri was quick to unbuckle her seat belt and pull the door open, scrambling out with a quick "thank you" and slamming the door before mark could say anything more.

he watched as she walked quickly to the elevator, frantically pushing the button to open the doors and stepping in. she looked back at the car for a split second before yet again frantically pressing buttons on the elevator to shut the doors.