tell them the truth.

i've been going through something.

"tell them" spiderman's words rang in her head as she laid on kits lap

"tell them" spiderman's words rang in her head as she laid on kits lap. their whole group was cooped up in jakes small apartment living room, watching some random movie they had found on netflix.

it was clear no one was really enjoying it, except for maybe jake, as most of them were either on their phones or doing something else. all jueri could think about was the conversation she had with the bug eyed hero.

with all of her friends in one room, it was the perfect opportunity and she was sure she wanted tonight to be the night she would finally explain to all of them about her past. she hated that she had kept it to herself for so long and it was now eating at her to tell them.

"are you okay?" it was obvious kit had picked up on her nervousness, the older tilting her head downwards to look at the ginger. "you're doing that thing again." she hadn't even realized she had been running her nails along her forearm until it became irritated, a habit she had picked up in middle school.

tell them the truth.

"i have to tell you guys something." she stated, sitting up from kits lap, pursing her lips as she looked around the room at her friends who now had their full attention on her.

jake took the initiative to mute the tv, turning around from his spot on the ground to face her. this was it, everyone's eyes were on her, she had the floor. the delivery was the hard part.

how was she to tell them about her parents and childhood without becoming a complete mess?

karinas hand on her shoulder from beside her and kits hand moving to rub her back softly gave her a bit more confidence, the curious look in ringos eyes egging her on.

"about my parents," she sighed, pulling a hand through her hair. "someone told me it's not the best idea to keep something so big from all of you, especially ringo. i haven't exactly been explicit on what happened before i moved here." she chuckled humorously, unable to meet the eyes of any of her friends.

"your parents?" jake questioned, earning a curt nod from the ginger. "you can tell us anything jueri. if it's bothering you, you can tell us." he scooted closer to the couch, patting her knee.

she went quiet for a moment, taking a deep breath. in and out.

"my father was a drunk, back in australia. at first he tried his best... but in the end that's just what he was. a drunk, not a father," she finally confessed, playing with her fingers. "i was neglected most of the time, hence reason i was so close with ringo." she raised her gaze to look at ringo who seemed surprised she had finally decided to share a fact that had been known to him and only him for so long.

"it was just me and my poor excuse of a father...." she trailed off, grimacing at the memories of her childhood. "originally i lived here with my mother. i was born here. it was just me and my mom. until it wasn't..." she bit her lip in attempt to save herself from crying for just a few more minutes.