三十四

🎵 Un diavolo scaccia l'altro

Peaceful Goguryeo is no longer the suitable name

Peaceful Goguryeo is no longer the suitable name. All around was nothing but a whirlwind of disorder and violence. Deafening, the sound of many cries of men, the screams of injured people, and the thunder of steel striking steel.

In the midst of the ongoing war, the original plan was for the three of you to fight, slowly pushing the robbers back to the port. It's just that the reality is not as easy as the theory. Their numbers are much greater. Five people defeated, ten more came.

They spread faster than you thought, so now you're surrounded. With your backs pressed against each other, the three of you always made sure to protect each other when unexpected attacks came.

A few moments ago--before you came to the harbor, you asked Wonwoo why he was carrying a long chain. He only answered with a smile. Now, you understand why. The chain connected his two swords, attached to the bottom of his swords's hilt, giving him a much wider range of movement.

When a robber dashed your way, you went down in a crouch and threw one leg out  in full force--aiming for his shin. The impact broke his balance and in an instant he was sent crashing to the ground. The way he thrust his sword to your direction was messy--you dodged sideway before stabbing him in the chest with yours.

You barely have time to breathe, let alone think about your next move. Lost in your thoughts for one second, the next second you are already surrounded by other robbers.

A pair of hand suddenly gripped your neck from behind, choking your throat. The flow of oxygen that was suddenly cut off, making you reflexively struggle and claw at the rough hand again and again.

Mingyu looked at him and in his entire life he had never run as fast as he just did.He climbed onto the robber's back--his right hand circled around his jaw, the other one holding his head in position.

"Get your filthy hands off my woman." Then with so much force he snapped the robber's neck to instant death.

Wonwoo noticed what just happened, he knew he must buy some time for you to steady your breath again.

While his left hand held his sword firmly, his right hand loosened its grip to let the other sword hang in the air. At a steady pace, he began swinging the chain forward--making it spin in a perfect circle. He repeated it again, and again, and again--increasing strength each time he did so.

It wasn't just an unusual scene for you, for the robbers as well. They slowed down a bit while watching Wonwoo's spinning very fast that they almost couldn't see it.

"What are you morons looking at!?" One of them shouted, "ATTACKKK--"

His loud voice was immediately silenced when Wonwoo swung his sword forward in the speed of light, slashing his chest. After seeing what just happened, to see the same sword was spinning in an even bigger circle in the air scares the robbers a little.