five.

༻✧༺

"so amber," bella yawned as joy turned to amber, who had opted to covering her whole face with her hair to hide the horror that the three roommates had woken up to. although it wasn't the best idea in the world, it was definitely easier on the eyes for the other students. "talk me through the new do." she teased which amber simply huffed at.

just at that moment, alfie and jerome walked in for breakfast, catching amber's attention immediately as she shot out of her seat. "alfie lewis," she seethed, glaring at the boy through her hair. "look at my face."

"beautiful as ever―"

"oh!" both boys screamed out in horror as amber had brushed away her hair from her face, revealing the true look she was unfortunately adorning. 

"it's not that bad, is it that bad?" amber panicked turning to the other girls, hoping that the boys were just doing it to make her feel bad. lying straight to her face, the four girls in the room shook their head, reassuring her that it was fine without actually saying anything ― which was probably good for amber because if they said what they were really thinking then she would probably lose the last bit of dignity she had left.

"amber, you look like a balloon animal." jerome honestly declared.

"i knew it." amber looked like she was about to burst out crying, making bella feel bad for the girl. she hadn't known amber for long, but she had helped her get comfortable on her first day, and she felt so helpless not knowing what she could do for amber in this situation. 

"amber, you know i love you for your inner beauty and no matter what deforming illness you may have, i'll always―"

"it's you, you doofus!" amber cut him off angrily. "i'm allergic to raspberries! and you made me raspberry flavoured cupcakes." alfie was quick to retract in horror, realising that he was the problem that caused the mess on amber's face.

"ohhh." amber hit his arm for his reaction, clearly angered that the boy had caused this whole mess. luckily for alfie, the doorbell rang, which seemed to be his way out of this mess. "yes! perfect timing." he motioned to jerome to get the door which the boy happily got up and did, surprising bella because she was sure he wasn't the guy to just easily oblige as so.