Chapter 62: Scratch The Horses

"Yo, he's texting!" JJ exclaimed. "He's texting!"

"What's he saying? What's he saying?" John B asked frantically.

"It's doing like the little bubble thing."

The phone chimed.

"Send me your location. I'll meet you," JJ read off the screen.

"He wants to know our location?" Pope echoed.

"Yeah, that's exactly what we wanted!" JJ exclaimed. 

"And say what?" Sarah backed up Pope.

Before JJ could ramble out a response Cleo cut him off. "We can't give Singh our location. Just give him some random place."

"All right. Where? Where do we want to send him?" JJ snapped. He had been on a short fuse since Grace caught. He just really wanted to know she was safe.

"What about the horse tracks?" Pope suggested. "I saw them yesterday. It's wide open. We can do some surveillance."

"Yeah. Now we're working. Now we're jelling! I like it." JJ stood from his seat excitedly while he spoke. "And if we have to make a getaway, we'll hop on some horses. Guns a-blazing!"

John B who had been on board so far suddenly shook his head. "No. We're not- We're not horse backing with guns."

"Scratch the horses." JJ waved his hand as if he was wiping his idea away.

"John B, we can really plan this out," Pope called. "What are you thinking?"

The phone buzzed in JJ's hand. "Just got another text."

"Maybe sneak from behind and use JJ as bait," Pope continued.

JJ's eyes widened as he read the message.

"We'll just put him in the middle of the field," John B added.

"Uh, little announcement," JJ paced back towards his friends. "Never mind. I just tracked your location. And I'm sending my men. They'll be there in ten minutes to pick you up."

He peeled his eyes away from the phone to look down at the Pogues with an awkward expression.

John B sighed and closed his eyes. "Wait a minute. Did you turn off your location?"

JJ pursed his lips. "So-"

"You didn't turn the location off?" Pope raised his voice over JJ.

John B and Pope hopped out of their seat and towards the blonde.

"Turn the location off!" John B yelled frantically.

"I have a Samsung!" JJ defended.

John B scoffed while snatching the phone out of his hand. "I have a Samsung too!"

"This right here is why you need a plan!" Pope complained while Cleo finally got the location off.

"Everybody relax for a second!" John B raised his voice over his friends. "Let's think about this!"

JJ sat himself down on a nearby concrete slab and placed his head in his hands. His fingers tugged at his roots. He'd screwed up. They were going to be caught. They wouldn't be able to save Grace. The worst part was that it was all his fault. 

John B glanced towards his distressed best friend before turning back to the rest of the Pogues. "It's done, okay? Gotta figure something out."

"And hope he doesn't kill us?" Pope asked sarcastically.

"We're running out of time," Cleo reminded.

JJ glanced down to his right to notice a bucket hat and a piece of rope.