Chapter 8: Troy Bolton

Grace and JJ's bliss had to come to an end at some point. After Grace's hunger caught up to her and she determined that John B's pantries we far too empty she grabbed JJ's hand, the keys to the Twinkie and drove off to the grocery store. 

JJ abruptly shushed her and held his arm out to stop once they returned and walked up to the front door of the Chateau. Taped to the door was a notice from DCS. Grace frowned as she looked at it then almost jumped out of her skin as JJ pounded on the door and shouted, "DCS! I know you're in there!" John B, who was on the pullout napping, rolled over a look of concern on his face. JJ looked over at Grace a hint of mischief in his eyes before jumping over to the window and hitting against it before laughing, "Gotcha slick. You shoulda seen your face."

John B groaned in annoyance as the two walked into the Chateau, groceries in hand, "Gracie you're supposed to stop him from being stupid." 

Grace laughed, "I can only do so much."

They all unpacked the food and John B hurried them out the door. A disappointed, hungry Grace grabbed an apple on the way out. JJ held open the Chateau door for her and laughed at her sad face, "Hey, when we get back I'll cook you a fancy lunch."

"J, I appreciate the offer but I wouldn't like to end up in the ER." She said while patting his cheek and skipping over to the van.

"Shotgun!" JJ yelled running past her and into the front passenger seat. Grace rolled her eyes and climbed up onto his lap in the front before he could close the door.

"Hey, I called it first!" JJ complained jokingly as John B started up the Twinkie. JJ was enjoying how clingy she was being today. First the cuddling in the morning, then holding hands throughout the supermarket and now this. 

"This is called communism JJ. Communism," Grace smiled back at him. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"No this is called me having to throw up. Y'all are nasty," John B complained.

"Hey, I almost threw up yesterday when you and Kie basically made out in front of us. It was like what I imagine it feels like watching your parents kiss," Grace complained while gagging dramatically.

"She's right," JJ continued. "I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara." Grace nodded agreeing. "She's like, "Oh, John B."" JJ finishes. 

"Is that what she does?" John B asked annoyed.

"Mhm," Grace agreed. She was like: "Oh John B I'm so worried about you! Don't dive baby," Grace spoke in a high pitched pretending to moan his name while leaning over and rubbing his shoulder.

"I could've gone my entire life without hearing you moan my best friends name," JJ complained, tightening his grip around Grace's waist while dramatically making a look of disgust. "But Gracie is right she's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you."

"She kissed me on the cheek. It's not like we were makin' out. Low blow, especially when you and Grace keep giving each other fuck-me eyes," John B shot back.

"I do not make fuck-me eyes at JJ. He makes them at me. I would never stoop that low," Grace replied with a smirk only to receive a flick to her forehead from JJ.

"Don't pretend you don't notice. I see it in your eyes. You're like, "I kinda like that," and you start blushing." JJ continues, ignoring John B's comment about him and Grace.

"I start blushing?" John B asked sarcastically.

"You kinda do...You were pretty much speechless after she kissed you," Grace confirmed.

"See Gracie gets it," JJ smiled.

"JJ, if Grace kissed you on the cheek I think you wouldn't speak for a full day," John B laughed.