UA Hundred Tales

Sora and Yuu were completely different. While the former was more outgoing and bubbly, the latter was rather timid and withdrawn. Despite that, they were as close as two childhood friends could ever be.

Years of friendship with Sora had taught Yuu to step out sometimes and allow himself to mingle with others, that being the person he was was fine and he needed not to feel ashamed with that. However, the girl was sometimes relentless in her attempts to draw him out of his shell.

That night, upon hearing of the horror story circle Ashido and the rest were planning in Tokoyami's room, she was quick to drag him and join them despite his protests.

The boy had two reasons for that. First, was the eerie atmosphere Tokoyami's room gave. Now he was never one to judge his classmate about his liking, but Yuu preferred to stay away from it. And second, was that he was never good with scary tales, for as you all know, his whole life was much or less one itself.

Despite that, Yuu found himself sitting next to an enthusiastic Sora as Ashido, Kaminari, Shoji, Asui and Sero turned off the lights and lit a few candles in the middle of the circle for more thrill, no care at all about an annoyed Tokoyami or a shivering Yuu.

As they were about to start off with Sero's story, a rather unexpected guest joined them, Mineta. He made a beeline to sit between Sora and Asui, albeit she wouldn't allow that. So she hauled and dropped him in between Shoji and Kaminari.

The light of the candles flicked as Sero began recounting, his tone switching between calm and loud to match the events. " That's when he saw it... A blood-soaked corpse!" With one final rising note to puncture the end, Mineta cried and clung to Shoji for dear life.

" Woah, that was fun! What did you think of it, Yuu?Yuu!" The girl cried in surprise when she saw the pale boy by her side, sitting still and shivering.

" Your roommate is practically a ghost and you're already terrified by this!" Whisper expressed his disappointment with a chop to Yuu's head that forced blood to circulate up again.

" I can't help it, okay! I never liked ghost stories!" Yuu retorted.

" Oh come on. I thought the hardest to get a reaction from would be you, Seijin. But seems you're an easy one to scare," laughed Sero as he gave the boy by his side a pat on the shoulder.

Moving from Mineta's obvious pervert reason to join them that night, Ashido tried to tell her own story. But being the bullet of energy and romance-loving person she was, it proved to be hard for her. The story itself was good, but the way Mina recounted it didn't get any reaction from them, well save for Yuu of course.

" Then, why don't you go next?" Suggested Whisper seeing the trembling boy. " Tell them about the time you were almost spirited away."

" Ribbit, if it's a story coming from Seijin-chan, then it's bound to be real, right?" The ghost smirked broadly at that and nudged Yuu in the back.

" Come on, go on."

" But... I don't like dwelling on that incident..." Yuu strutted just remembering it.

" The time you were almost spirited away? I never heard this one! Tell me please!"

Looking at Sora's sparkling eyes, the boy didn't have much choice. So he shifted so his chin rested on his knees and stared down at the candle illuminating his face. " This is a story of when I was but a naive child..."

" He's totally in the mood!" Cried Ashido in surprise.

" His expression is really good for telling ghost stories!" Piped Kaminari.

" You want to hear it or not?"

" We want! We want!" They chorused.

" When I was a kid, before I've even met Whisper, my parents took me and my brother as they went to visit our grandparents in Hokkaido. We were held back because of a snowstorm and arrived at their place quite late in the night. When we reached the threshold, I saw someone trudging around the house. I knew he was my grandfather since he had the tendency to check around after each snowstorm so I followed after him. However, by the time I came around the corner, I saw him trudging down the lawn and into the forest. I ran after him, crying out his name but he never looked back. Maybe it was because of the strong wind he didn't hear me, I thought. As we continued wading through the forest, I realized where he had brought me, it was an old graveyard for those who had fallen in the war. Kids in that area were strictly warned of approaching it."