Versus Vlad King Part One

" Team Seijin and Shirogane, practical exam. Ready, go!"

As soon as the siren sounded, the doors of the whirlwind zone in USJ opened, leading in Yuu and Sora. The girl had to stop herself from flinching as memories from the villains' attack on them flooded her mind upon entering. She quickly shook her head, she needed to focus to pass, and dwelling on what happened in there weeks ago wouldn't help her do so.

The boy and the ghost before her swapped nods before the white creature left his usual place, vanishing into thin air. " Sora, let's find a good hideout for starter." The girl nodded as they fought against the wind to a narrow alley.

________________

"They're hiding?" Yaoyorozu questioned, an eyebrow raised in puzzlement. " If they do that, they'll run out of time."

" From another point of view, they don't know much about Vlad King, so it's the best choice to avoid battle." Asui had a finger to her jawbone.

Iida crossed his arms in front of his chest as he focused back on the screen. " Still, they need to get a move soon or..."

" Hold on." Midoriya tapped his chin in thought." Maybe that's a part of their plan..."

________________

Sora and Yuu found a well-concealed place behind a building. The raging wind around them didn't stop, but Yuu thought it was to their favor. It will cover for any small noise their opponent could pick. Though it was doing the same for them, compared to Vlad King, their hearing was ultra strong.

" Everything seems fine," Sora said as she confirmed the coast was clear. Her voice was very low in case Vlad was somewhere nearby.

" We have to wait for Whisper to come back," Yuu said, peering from behind the wall. " Be always on guard."

" Roger."

" There is no need to be very cautious." Whisper's face phased through the wall in between them. " I've confirmed it. He is around four blocks away from here. I've located the escape gate too."

" Well done Whisper!" Sora smiled at him.

Whisper flattered, rubbed his inexistent nose proudly. " Well, that was nothing for me. Follow me, soldiers! I will navigate you to safety!" He said wringing himself around Yuu's shoulders once again.

________________

" As I thought, Whisper left them to scout the area." Midoriya pointed.

" Huh?"

" Whisper can phase through things and become invisible. We've seen him do that quite a few times. If they wanted to find the safest route, their best choice was for Whisper to scout it for them." Midoriya murmured. " So Vlad-sensei wouldn't notice him. He could confirm the location of the escape gate easily and navigate them with little risk. The storm is working to their advantage, hiding the smallest noise or smell. And with Whisper's flexible body, he can keep watch for them-"

" Midoriya-kun... Midoriya-kun!" Midoriya didn't realize he was addressed until then, clapping his hands around his mouth and looking back at Iida. " Wouldn't you rather watch it?"

" Uh... Yeah..."

________________

" Easy, easy," Sora singsonged as they made it through another block without encountering their enemy. " If we continue it like this, it will be a piece of cake."

" Don't let your guard down." Yuu strained his ears, feeling uneasy. We're advancing steadily and we will be there soon. But what's it, this unnerving silence?