Babysitting

After being healed with Recovery Girl's kiss, Yuu shared his room that night with Midoriya. Just in case, they wanted to make sure Eri's quirk hadn't any further after-effects on him. Despite having so much they wanted to talk about, they both fell asleep quite quickly.

The next morning, he was visited by the doctor just as he finished changing into his uniform, ready to leave with both Midoriya and Kirishima, the former had already left before him seeing how his check-out was finished. Yuu swallowed as he sat on the end of his bed. He knew exactly what the doctor was there for.

" We've got the results from the lab this morning." The doctor spoke, looking at the clipboard in his hand rather than Yuu. " Your quirk Genes were damaged but they weren't annihilated like in the case of Togata Mirio-kun. The damage may have been severe, but they will heal on their own with time. We expect you'll recover in a few days, a week at most."

Yuu froze, his body was late to react for his mind was already racing. He didn't lose it forever, he could still move on after all. Yuu felt as though he had been holding his breath since he got shot and he was finally allowed to breathe. It took all his will not to burst out crying then and there. Heaving a sigh, he thanked the doctor and smiled back at Whisper.

The ghost's lips quivered, he tried to conceal his relief and joy for the boy but finally gave up. " Thank God! This is the best news I've ever heard in my whole second life!"

Yuu hastily gathered his bag and the suitcase with his costume and headed out. He needed to tell Sora. But as he stepped out of the building, he only found Midoriya and Kirishima waiting there. " Seijin!" The red head beckoned him over with a large smile. " You're alright now?"

" What have they said about your Quirk?" Midoriya asked impatiently.

" It will be back in a few days." Whisper announced with a wide smirk. " It's not the end of the Spirit Hero Tsukai yet."

Yuu blinked as Whisper said that. He realized there was something he ought to do when he gets back to U.A. but for now..." What about Sora and the rest?"

" Oh, the girls have already left with Ryukyu," Kirishima answered. " Togata-senpai is staying for another day so they can monitor him for a little longer and Amajiki-senpai left with Fat Gum."

" Heh? Then why not take you two as well?" Whisper questioned.

" Actually." Midoriya pointed at the patrol car parked by the curb as if it were waiting for them. Well, it was actually. " The police would like to talk with the three of us about the raid."

" The girls and our senpais already did," Kirishima added. And with that, they were ushered to the back of the car and driven to the police station...

________________

Night had fallen by the time the police dropped them by the school. Just as they turned around to head into their dorms, a voice called from behind them. " Deku-kun, Kirishima-kun, Seijin-kun!"

They turned around to see Uraraka waving at them, followed by Sora and Asui. " Uraraka, Shirogane, Tsuyu-chan."

" Yuu!" Sora ran over to her friend, looking him up and down as if she was checking if he was missing anything. " How was it?"

Yuu smiled at her. Of course, she too was holding her breath waiting for the results. "It's alright. They said I'll recover my Quirk soon."

" Thank God..." Sora almost sank to her knees Yuu had to grasp her.

The rest took one glance at them before they busied themselves with asking about why they were late. Finally, all of them faced their dorms. "It feels... like we haven't been back here in a long time," Uraraka blurted.