CH. 42

"Someone's grumpy. What, did you have a bad dream?" You teased, continuing to press the matter further, turning back to continue folding the clothes.

"I did." He huffed, elbowing your side in response to your cruel teasing. His words caused you to quirk your eyebrow, shooting him a small side glance as his face displayed a look of light surprise.

"Really? What was it about?" You asked, even shocking yourself. Just a week ago you probably wouldn't have give a single fuck if he was having sleeping issues yet sudently.. You  felt a sense of need to care?

It seemed you asking about it shocked even Jack as he briefly glanced at you before turning away again. "It was about the box again." He said, taking a second to take in a sharp inhale of air as he pursed his lips, unsure if he wanted to talk about it yet..

"Christmas is soon.. I just.. I don't know. I feel nauseous thinking about that stupid holiday." He muttered under his breath yet still loud enough for you to hear him. Your heart clenched at that causing you to temporarily stop whatever you were doing, taking a few seconds to really let what he told you sink in before you resumed with folding the clean laundry.

"Yeah I get it, sorry for making fun of you that time a fee days ago." You said with a sign, your shoulders visibly slumping with slight shame.

Your apology shocked Jack as he turned to you, a light gasp escaping his mouth as he smiled gratefully. "Thank you.. That means more to me than it should." He muttered, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

—————-
IM SO SORRT FOR THE LATER UPDATE I WAS OUT AND FORGOT 🫡