CH. 49

Its been a couple hours now, the treacherous puzzle was harder than you initially thought and you were starting to think you'll go insane. The two of you finally completed the edges of the puzzle which left the hardest part. The middle.

As you were scanning the pile of pieces, wondering which one could fit your part of the picture that you were putting together your eyes wandered over to Jack's side. He seemed focused as he laid stomach-down on the floor, supporting his head with the palm of his hand while the other traced the puzzle pieces. He let out an occasional grunt of annoyance every time he grabbed a piece that didn't quite fit.

You dreaded to admit but te domesticality of this made your stomach flutter with butterflies. 'This is nice..' You thought to yourself as you turned your attention back to what you were doing. The silence would occasionally be broken by cheers when one of you finally found that treacherous piece that was bothering you so much.

Honestly, admitting it was kind of embarrassing but Jack was a pretty handsome dude.. The way his messy, raven black hair fell onto his face was almost adorable and god don't even get me started on that smile. As much as you initially felt unsettled by those sharp teeth of his , his smile can become rather charming when he isn't threatening your entire existence.

Oh and his laugh, sure it can sound quite psychotic at times but you learnt to love that about him. He was just so unique and his somewhat endearing yet inhuman presence dragged you in every time.

"You're staring" He hummed, turning his gaze up briefly to shoot you a teasing smirk before turning back to the puzzle, continuing to search for a specific piece to his part. You shook your head slightly, laughing and nervously rubbing at the back of your neck as you blinked a few times to gain some self control back.

"Sorry-" You giggled again, sitting up slightly as you reached over to grab a particular piece that, by complete coincidence, matched the part of the puzzle you were focusing on, causing you to let out a small 'yes' as to congratulate your own victory.

"So passionate over such a small thing." He whispered with a smile, looking up at you again, this time his gaze remained, his eyes boring deeply, almost endearingly into yours. "Now you're staring.." You hummed, your tone of voice matching his. 
———————-
Sorry for the late update! I had afternoon classes 😭

Throughout this week ill post my oneshot book with some ideas i wanted to use in my Jeff the killer x male!reader but ended up scrapping them so stay tuned for that :3