CH.3 - Ghosts

"That was rude.. I'm way younger than that." You heard a voice, spinning around to greet yourself with an empty room. "I'm probably just delusional, no wonder Eliot keeps calling me schizophrenic holy shit." You rub at your face before continuing to work on the box.

There were creaking noises heard around your room but each time you turned.. It was empty. You finally managed to get the lid 100% opened, closing and opening it back up a couple times to see if the hinges needed more oil.

"Seems about right.. where's the Jack part of the box though.." You turned it over to examine its inside better, it was empty. It seemed to have some dents in its sides, the wood looked worn out as shit.

"God damn bro what, we got scammed, fuck." You sighed, placing the box rather roughly back onto your desk making the lid fall closed and smack onto your thumb finger.

"OW! FUCK-ing– owwww.." You groaned holding your hand close as you rested your head against the table. Mutters of curses escaped your lips as you whined about the pain.

As you were sulking about the ache in your finger a feeling of a hand started running soothing circles around your back. It felt inhumanly large, you swiped around in your chair, again finding an empty room.

This time you didnt feel uneasy tho, you wished you hadn't moved at all.. it actually felt nice, minus the fact you were probably haunted now.

A sigh left your mouth again once you realized the pain on your finger was easing. You took the box to walk out of the room with the box to deliver the news that the box was empty and practically useless. 

---------------

this chapter is way shorter than I'd like it because i forgot to make one the day before but anyways....