[033] Daryl The Go-Getter

"Oh, so you can go but I can't?" Fiona jerks her head back as Daryl pulls up to the gate on his bike

"You already went. It's my turn." Daryl replies, getting off his bike and opening the gate. Fiona crosses her arms.

"This isn't duck duck goose, Daryl. You literally got mad at me for doing this and now you are? That's not fair."

"Well," Daryl gets back on his bike and starts it, "life ain't fair, sunshine." And at that, he drove away. Fiona watched as his body got smaller and smaller until it wasn't there anymore.

"Whoa!" Abraham stops the van that had Michonne and Glenn inside. "Make room for my freckled ass."

"No." Rosita says, walking over to the van and sliding open the door. "Cover my watch. You stay."

"Hey, we should keep numbers here." Glenn tries.

"I know where Daryl's going."

Fiona didn't even try to go. Daryl was right. She already went, failed, so now it was his turn to go, and succeed. She watched as the van drove off to follow Daryl the go-getter and Abraham closing the gates.

*

God knows how many times they've bumped into the Saviors while in this RV trying to get Maggie to the doctor at Hilltop.

Fiona was sitting beside Carl while Mariam and Oliver were with Maggie. Fiona was admiring how much Carl grew since the start.

Obviously, kids grow but he felt different. He felt more adult-ish. Maybe because he grew up to be more mature than others.

"What?" Carl turned his head to Fiona after noticing she's been looking at him for the past ten seconds.

"Nothin'. You just grew so much. You're not my boy anymore." Fiona fake cried, bringing his head to her chest and squeezing him in a hug.

"Yeah I am." Carl rolled his eye jokingly. Fiona felt whole when he said that for some reason. Carl was her kid. She was his second mom.

"Really?" Fiona smiled brightly, Carl looked at her and nodded with a shrug.

"Yeah, sure." Carl nods again, looking back out the window instead of Fiona. She smiled before the RV started coming to a stop.

Fiona stood up and saw a bunch of walkers in a red rover looking line. All of them were chained together.

"We can't go through it." Rick states the obvious, "Can't risk the RV. You stay behind the wheel, just in case. We'll clear it."

Fiona jumped out the RV first, wanting to speed up the process so Maggie could get to a doctor already.

She pulled out her knife as she stepped closer to the walkers until Eugene close, "Putting together a red rover like that takes people. A lot of them."

"Come on let's go this." Rick says, putting his gun around his head which fell over his shoulders while Fiona walked to the first walker.