[019] Grady Memorial Hospital

ᵍⁱᵃˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

ⁱᵃˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

Gia backed away from the mirror and reached for her gun but it wasn't in her waistband so she grabbed the mirror and threw it on the floor causing all the glass to break.

The door started to unlock so she grabbed a piece of glass and a cop and a doctor walked in.

"Put that down." The women cop ordered.

Who does she think she is? Gia thought as she continued to hold the glass.

"Drop it right now." The lady put her hand on her gun so Gia just threw it to the ground.

"I'm Dr—"

"Where am I?" Gia interrupted the doctor.

"Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta. I'm Dr. Steven Edwards. And this is officer Dawn Lerner. How are you feeling?" The doctor introduced.

"I'm sorry, I don't care who you are. I wanna leave." Gia shook her head.

"We can't let you do that." The officer says.

"Why not?" Gia questioned.

"My officers found you passed out with a gash in your head." Dawn explained.

"You sustained a superficial head wound. Do you remember your name?" The doctor asked. All of this sounded rehearsed or at least repeated.

"Yes, I do." Gia nodded.

"And it is?" The officer asked.

"Why would I tell you that?" Gia shook her head and almost laughed.

"Because we saved you and if you are gonna be here a while we need something to call you by."

"I never said I was staying here and I sure as hell didn't need you to save me."

"What is your name?"

"Gia. I was with three other people, are they here?"

"You were alone."

"No I wasn't. I was with two adults and a kid around my age."

"I'm pretty sure you were alone. If we hadn't found you, you would have been eaten alive. So you owe us."

*

After the long tour the people gave her Gia swore she saw Beth but she wasn't sure. She tried following the blonde who had a ponytail but she ended up in the cafeteria and had to find something to eat. Finally stuff that wasn't canned.

"You're looking better than how you did before." A male cop walked in front of Gia making her pause and look up at him, "We were checking the forest out and heard some stuff, so me and my partner were pretty deep inside the forest. That's when we saw you, laying in the leaves. You don't remember me, huh?"