[047] Shrek's Swamp

Fiona was holding Judith while Mariam and Oliver walked beside Tara

Fiona was holding Judith while Mariam and Oliver walked beside Tara. Fiona was still sad about Carl. Judith was playing with Fiona's ponytails while Fiona held her back.

All of a sudden, a walker charged at Fiona causing her to immediately move out of the way, "I got it." Tara announces.

Fiona handed Tobin Judith because he had the thing where Judith could get on his back and he wouldn't need to hold her.

"I'll cover you," Dwight says, coming up from behind a bunch of people causing Tara to throw the walker at him. Dwight began to struggle a lot.

"God dammit, Tara."

"Tara!"

"What? It got away. He can handle it." Tara says and Fiona rolls her eyes. Fiona didn't like helping these people, but she went up to Dwight and stabbed the walker. "What? We helpin' them now?"

"He helped us." Fiona shrugged.

"That's because he owed us." Tara made a slight point but it doesn't matter. Fiona helped him because she wanted to so that's all that matters.

"Thanks," Dwight whispers, panting his lungs out.

"Don't mention it," Fiona says, and she really meant it too. She didn't like Dwight because of what he had done to Daryl and the group in general but everyone needs help every once in a while.

"Hey. Just keep 'em movin'." Daryl's voice was harsh while he pointed ahead and stared at Tara. Tara rolled her eyes before pushing ahead of everyone while she caught up with Oliver and Mariam.

Rosita shook her head while she watched everyone start to follow after Tara, "Did you hear them talking on the walkie about Carson and Gabriel?"

"Yeah. Probably heading to Hilltop, same as us." Daryl tells them, picking up his crossbow when a walker starts to approach them.

"Hopefully better than us." Rosita mumbles, lifting her gun and shooting the walker before Daryl can.

Fiona almost laughed at the look Daryl gave Rosita when she started to walk away. Fiona began to follow after Rosita, Daryl right behind her.

"Hey," Daryl called, Fiona turned around and looked at him. He almost forgot what he was gonna say when he looked at her. Her eyes were still a bit red from a couple of hours ago, and she had some dried tear marks, too.

Fiona hummed, looking over to see if Rosita was there which she wasn't. Daryl admired her side profile for a second before speaking.

"Uh, you— you okay?" Daryl's question made Fiona scrunch her eyebrows together. He's never asked her that before. Well, he probably has but she doesn't remember that conversation.

Daryl saw her mouth open to speak before she closed it again. Was she fine? When was the last time she was really fine? "I don't know."

Daryl squinted his eyes in confusion. How could she not know what she was feeling? But, maybe her emotions were all over the place right now so he understood.