[024] Dress Up Time

ᵐᵃʳⁱᵃᵐ'ˢ ᵖᵒᵛ

"Glenn, Mariam, Tara, Noah, Oliver?" A man says their names as he pointed to each person, "Nice to meet you

"Glenn, Mariam, Tara, Noah, Oliver?" A man says their names as he pointed to each person, "Nice to meet you. I'm Aiden. You met Nicholas pulling gate duty."

"Hey." Nicholas awkwardly greeted the group.

"You Deanna's son?" Glenn questions and the man nods.

"That's right. I hear you got experience making supply runs." Aiden states.

"I saw your pantry. You guys seem to do pretty well."

"Yeah, well, had some training before this. ROTC. Was nearing lieutenant when this shit blew in."

"My dad did ROTC." Noah squints his eyes from the sun with a proud-ish tone.

"He didn't make it?" Aiden questions and Noah's body language quickly switched as he shifted uncomfortably.

"Nah."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry a lot these days. Come on, i'll show you the ropes."

"We're doing a run today?" Tara asks the man who walks past her.

"Just a dry run. Show you the terrain outside the walls, see how you do. Weight each others sack, a little, you know?" Aiden answers with a look around.

"Not really." Mariam scrunched her face up.

"No, I don't, but cool." Tara sarcastically smiles and Mariam snorts.

"What about weapons?" Glenn asks a more serious question and Aiden nods his head.

"Oh, yeah. We pulled some sweet-ass biscuits for today." Aiden points at Nicholas who hands Tara a gun then everyone else.

"Don't really need one." Mariam points out the obvious while pulling on her crossbow strap, Nicholas shrugging and putting the gun away.

*

"Son of a bitch!" Aiden complains as the group walks up to a bloody chain hanging from a tree, "Look at this shit."

"Blood's still wet. It's nearby." Nicholas attempts to comfort the man then he whistles like a dumbass.

"Shh!" Tara turns around and shushes him.

"Are you fuckin' stupid?" Mariam asks in a genuine tone.

"Hey— hey, hey. It's gone." Glenn says a bit aggressively while walking over to the dumbass.

"It took down one of our friends. It's nearby, we're not letting it go." Aiden explains and Mariam takes her crossbow off and holds it up.

"Hanging it on a chain won't do shit. Thing can't even feel it." She rolls her eyes and Glenn looks at her with a "stop cussing" look.

Nicholas once again whistles and claps then a walker growling comes out of nowhere.

"Hey, over here. Come on. Come on." Aiden tried to lure the walker but it walks over to Nicholas instead.