[046] Dear Fiona

Carl had been acting weird ever since Fiona got back to Alexandria with Rosita

Carl had been acting weird ever since Fiona got back to Alexandria with Rosita. He had been trying to spend more time with her than usual.

He even gave her a huge poster with a bunch of Polaroids they took years ago. He had his name signed big on the back of the poster.

He had been talking to Oliver, Mariam, and Vannie even more lately as well. She was starting to get a weird feeling in her stomach but she tried to ignore it and say she was just hungry.

She spent time with him anyway. She loved spending time with Carl. She loved spending time with her kids in general.

But, that time was over.

It was nighttime and Negan had arrived with the rest of his people. She was done with this bullshit and she just wanted everything to be over and done with.

"You need to make it look like we're escaping out back," Carl says over Negan's loud whistling. Carl was just like his dad, "Get to the woods, halfway to the quarry, and cut the lights. Get enough of a lead on them, hit them, and get away on foot. You know where we'll be. Just have to get the guns, get everyone else here, and we'll meet you there."

"Two minutes, people!" Negan shouts into his intercom thing, "Dig deep. I want these apologies to be memorable. Bonus points for creativity. Work up a poem, sing a song. I love that shit."

"Get going. There's gonna be people in the infirmary. They're gonna need your help." Carl says and the people begin to nod before running off.

"Look, we got guns. We can fight them." Tara steps up and walks beside Carl.

"We will, but not now. Carl's right." Rosita walks over to Tara and shakes her head in disagreement.

"Carl, we can't just let them have this place." Michonne's voice sounded as if she wanted to cry but she was holding back tears.

"We can. All you need to do is survive tonight." Carl says, his eyebrows furrowed while he stares at Michonne, "This is my show. You said it. This is my plan, and you're gonna do it. You're all gonna do it. So let's go!"

Carl signaled for Oliver to go with him which he did. Oliver seemed to know something that Fiona didn't and she was starting to feel weird about it.

She found Oliver crying on his bed while Carl sat next to him. Oliver hasn't cried since Easton so it was pretty weird to see him cry over something Carl told him.

"One minute!" Negan shouts after Fiona gives Oliver and Carl a shoulder pat in a reassuring way.

*

After killing the Saviors, Fiona was walking through the sewers. Everyone had saddened looks on their faces which was confusing her.

She hadn't seen any of her kids in a couple of hours because she was making sure everyone in the sewers was okay. It smelt really bad in there and she couldn't handle it. But she had to.