[035] The Sanctuary

Mariam was in a cell, sat down in the corner with her head on her knees and her hands wrapped around her stomach

Mariam was in a cell, sat down in the corner with her head on her knees and her hands wrapped around her stomach. She's been there a few days and hated it so much.

She hasn't eaten anything since what happened that day and Negan has been basically begging her to eat.

She didn't say a word to him. He traumatized her and didn't even care. He thought one simple apology would make her forget what he did to her.

Boy was he wrong.

Mariam held grudges. She still held grudges against Rick ever since the beginning of the camp because he locked Merle up to the pipe.

Nobody liked Merle because he was an asshole but Merle and Mariam were a different story. They didn't love each other but they were pretty close to it.

Speaking of grudge holders, Fiona wasn't a big grudge holder. She wouldn't forgive anyone for their actions if it was bad, but she would still talk to them and protect them if they needed help.

Mariam kept replaying the moment where Negan forced her to hit Glenn in the head with his barbed wired bat. She could never forgive him for that.

Fiona wouldn't either.

Glenn was her best friend. Her family. Her brother. He was one of the good ones. One of the guys who did everything he could to not kill a person. One of the guys who would sacrifice his life for you or do anything to protect you in general.

And Abraham was different. Abraham was like a different version of Mariam's dad. Like, not her dad but he acted like one.

Abraham and Mariam spent so much time together ever since Mariam and Vannie started to talk even more.

"You're a good kid. And i'll always protect you." Is Abraham's last words to the girl. She would never forget those.

She missed Vannie as well. Mariam didn't know what she felt around Vannie was, but Tara had been helping her with that.

And what Tara thought was Mariam definitely had a crush on Vannie. But she didn't tell Mariam that.

She missed Carl and his stupid talks with her. Carl was literally Mariam's brother. They've bled together even if Mariam was a bit older than him.

Mariam was only 18 and Carl was 16. They both grew up way too fast. They both shared a lot of similarities together.

Carl even told Mariam he tried his hardest not to like Enid because he still couldn't get over Gia. She understood where he was coming from but told him Gia would want him to move on and not be stuck in the past.