[008] The Spread

Everything's just been going wrong these past couple days

Everything's just been going wrong these past couple days. Fiona has been even more stressed than she has been and months just because of a dumb spread that's been going around. Right now she was helping everyone in cell block D because people were getting infected by the spread.

"Are we clear down here?" Rick shouted at everyone in the cell block.

"Yeah." Carol yelled back from a couple feet away from him.

"We're safe?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Up here!" A man yelled. Fiona couldn't make out who's voice it was from how far they were but her and Daryl ran up the stairs first, making sure to be careful.

A walker launched at Glenn so Fiona quickly pulled out her throwing knife and threw it through the gaps of the cell door and into the walkers head while Glenn pushed the walker on the floor.

"Thanks." Glenn said when Fiona helped him off the bloody floor.

Rick opened the curtain of the cell and the walker that Fiona killed was Patrick, her expression changed from a stressed one to a sad one.

"Oh, it's Patrick." Daryl pointed out the obvious. "That's all of 'em."

Fiona called in a bunch of others to help with the killing and also called in Hershel to check on the living.

Soon she handed out a bunch of sheets so people can put it over the body's of their loved ones while they dragged the bodies out the cell block.

"No bites. No wounds. I think he just died." Rick looked between Hershel and Caleb when they looked at a body in the cell.

"Horribly, too. Pleurisy aspiration." Caleb states.

"Looks like he choked on his own blood till he died." Fiona looked around the mouth area of the body.

"He did. Caused those trails down his face." Hershel nodded his head while he inspected the body.

"I've seen them before. On a walker outside the fences." Rick pointed his hand to where the fences outside would be.

"I saw them on Patrick, too." Daryl looked at Fiona then back at the body.

"I did too." Fiona agreed with Daryl.

"They're from the internal lung pressure building up— like if you shake a soda can and pop the top. Only imagine your eyes, ears, nose, and throat are the top." Caleb makes a example that makes perfect sense.

"It's a sickness from the walkers?" Bob asked the doctor.

"No, these things happened before they were around. Could be pneumococcal. Most likely an aggressive flu strain."

"Someone locked him in just in time." Hershel says.

"No, I used to see Charlie sleepwalk." Fiona starts.