[048] Kill Them All

The final battle

The final battle. This was all going to be over once and for all. They were going to kill Negan no matter the cost. At least that's what Fiona wanted. But nothing went her way anymore.

The engine's rumbling echoed in Fiona's mind. The tires hit the dirt of the pathway to Hilltop.

Then the tires popping is what she heard. The doors to the trucks started to shut and Simon's obnoxious voice began to shout. Fiona didn't hear him, though.

"Negan. I want to talk to Negan." Maggie says into the walkie-talkie, her eyes set on the Savior's stopped vehicles while she waited for a response.

"Well, hello there. You are speaking to Negan, but my birth certificate says "Simon." With whom do I have the distinct displeasure of speaking?" Simon replies to the walkie-talkie. Fiona rolled her eyes from beside Maggie.

The walkie-talkie clicked and Maggie immediately introduced herself, "Maggie. Maggie Rhee. The Widow."

"Well, then. Hello again, Widow Rhee, and allow me to offer my condolences. For what's happened and what's about to happen. In case it's not already plain as Hilltop potatoes, yours truly is speaking on behalf of Negan this go 'round. And I assure you that the man himself personally received your care package next day delivery. I noticed it was the box that I gave you in good faith— tricks on me. But the bill's come due, and you and your people are gonna have to pay. Quite dearly, I'm afraid."

"Your 38 people are still alive and breathing. Turn around and leave us be, and they stay that way. But if you don't, I have 38 bullets that I will personally fire into all 38."

Maggie moved the walkie-talkie to whom Fiona found out was Alden. He was nothing like the rest of the Saviors and he wanted to be on Hilltop's side. "It's too nice a night to spend it dyin' slow, don't you think, Simon?"

It was silent for a second before Maggie moved the walkie back towards her mouth, "How's this gonna go?"

"Well, Maggie Rhee, this is highly regrettable, but the way I see it, the Saviors you're in possession of there are damaged goods. You know, they've got themselves into their own pickle, and this organization prizes those who, "A," avoid capture and, "B," figure out their own shit when said outcome eventuates. Which, in the end, is my way of saying screw them." That seemed the be the end of Simon's words.

"Did you really think that cockamamie play would work?" Gregory asks from beside Fiona causing her to turn her head and stare at him. Gregory shifts uncomfortably before turning towards the gate.

"It will," Maggie promises.

That's when the Saviors begin to start and drive up to the gate. Gregory and Alden sit down but this one Savior who had long hair stares at Fiona for a minute.

"Do we have a problem?" Fiona asks after getting annoyed with the way he is staring at her. His eyes were squinted and his mouth was in a smirk.

"Negan told us not to kill you. Maybe that will change tonight." He says, Fiona looks him up and down before kicking the back of his leg and forcing him to sit.