[015] Day

Glenn finally decided to wake up after a long while of traveling

Glenn finally decided to wake up after a long while of traveling. Mariam was asleep right next to him, using her bag she packed as a pillow when her and Glenn went inside the prison.

"Hey." Mariam woke up to Glenn's voice and tapping. "Hey, stop the truck." Glenn got a middle finger to the face, Mariam snorted and Glenn started banging on the truck.

"Hey, numbnuts, stop the truck." Tara also started banging on the truck.

"Stop the truck!" Glenn stood up and started hitting the window with his gun. "Stop the truck!"

Lo and behold, the truck came to a stop.

"You guys are crazy." Mariam looked at Glenn then Tara. "Do you need water?" Mariam crawled over to Glenn and he shook his head.

Mariam grabbed the large bag she packed and slid it to the door, jumping down when it opened then putting her bag on.

"Where the hell are you going?" The red headed man asked the trio who started to walk away. "Where the hell is he going?" No one responded. "I don't know what your lady friend's told you about the special nature of the mission we're on, but this shit is time-sensitive and we're already way behind schedule." The man stopped in front of Glenn and Mariam, "So I need you to turn your ass around and get back in the truck."

"I gotta go." Glenn spoke.

"It seems like neither one of you's been paying close enough attention to the hell on earth we've been living in. So let me tell you how to best avoid winding up just another dead-alive prick. You find some strong, like-minded comrades and you stay stuck together like wet on water. We need people."

"We need to find our people." Mariam spoke when Glenn didn't, he just glared.

"Even with all that gear on your shoulder, you won't last a night. Not by yourself."

"Not by myself. See." Mariam pointed to Tara and Glenn.

"We'll take our chances." Glenn tried walking away but the man put a hand on his chest.

"Don't touch him." Mariam grabbed his wrist and threw it off of Glenn.

"I'm gonna have to insist." The man ignored her, "that you hold the hell up. Alright, believe it or not, the fate of the entire damn human race might depend on it."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Glenn asked. "Who is this guy?" Glenn asked Tara and Mariam, both shrugging.

"I'm Sergeant Abraham Ford. And these are my companions Rosita and Vannie Espinosa and Dr. Eugene Porter." That just gave Mariam and excuse to look at the girl again, "We're on a mission to get Eugene to Washington, D.c. Eugene's a scientist and he knows exactly what caused this mess."

Glenn ran a hand through his hair, "Alright. So what happened?"

"It's classified." Eugene answered and Mariam scoffed.