Part 36

Sky POV

What is life after all? When you think that things around you are in your favor, then God throws some real pain to make you understand, that everything does not happen according to what you wish. In the case of my mother, I blindly followed my mother's lead and came to my hometown, neglecting the warnings of P'Prai, and now here I am!

I don't know where I am. But I heard a beep sound, some clattering of tools, and a little murmur. The pain in my head was still there, and I could not move my fingers, I got a strange sensation that I was tied to the ground with a chain.

With a little effort, I tried to open up my eyes! "Nong' Sky!", I heard a voice, a familiar one.

I pushed my limits further to open my eyes wide open. And a pair of hands clutched mine.

"Sky! It's me, Prai! I came back.", the voice was still so feeble to my ears.

It's Prai! He came back from the US. Realization hit me. "P' P...rai", I murmured with all my breath.

"I am so happy babe, you woke up! I was so worried.", he expressed his emotion. And was crying too.

I smiled back a little at him. But I could not hold back my tears, because he backed me up every time I fell, which I didn't even get from my family.

"Thank you!", I want to say it to him, but I have no energy to talk back. Only after looking around did I realize that I was hospitalized, And I wore a hospital gown with Prai by my side.

Usually, I see them in his blazers or shirtless, but now, he wore a white shirt, with two collar buttons down. How long has he been here? Or how long am I here?

Time and Thul barged into the room. When were they together? I thought that they hated each other after I warned them not to get close to each other.

"P' Sky, are you all right now?", Thime asked me.

I nodded a yes. "I am sorry brother, I should have accompanied you that day! That was all my fault", he started crying.

And in between weeps, he continued, "I have no idea that mom would go to this extent for the asserts of dad!", he still wept.

And there came Thum to console him, they had reconciled I guess. "It's all right!", Thum placed a hand over his shoulder and pacified from crying.

"Excuse me, sir, please don't disturb the patient! Let him rest a bit! Except one, please everyone stay out!", a nurse warned us, so all others except Prai had to leave the room out.

Prai placed his hands over my face, "I missed you, babe!", his words were so touchy.

"I promise that I will always be with you!", he hugged me and cried. There are two types of people one who is empathetic and the other who is sympathetic, there is also another type, woo doesn't feel anything.

I can see that P'Prai cannot bear that I am in great pain, so he is experiencing my pain as his pain.

.......................................................................................................

Thime POV

I am extremely guilty now. Even though P'sky woke up, I could not stop taking the blame myself for abandoning him when he needed me to accompany him to the home town.

Thank God when the police arrived at the correct time, we were able to rescue Sky and catch Raichitwa red-handedly.

I was waiting outside in the lobby of the hospital in my deep thoughts, "What are you thinking about?", Thul, who stayed by my side all these days asked.