Part 34

Sky POV

I reached my home, hoping there would be a lot of crowds to see the last rituals of the death of my father. To my surprise, there were none. I called Mom. She is never picking up.

I tried again and again. With no hope that she would pick up, I entered the home with the spare key that I have with me. "Mom! Are you in there?", I entered asking taking each of my steps with caution. Nothing seemed correct here. If my father is dead, where is he? The house looks extremely deserted.

I heard a strange sound from inside the kitchen. "Who is in there?", I asked heading to the kitchen.

BOOM.

I was hit by a hard utensil on my head. My head is paining, and I feel like fainting. I lost consciousness and things around me seemed no sense to me.

Thime POV

A part of me was happy that Tum stays by my side during the hardest of my times, the other half felt guilty that I have left behind such a good boyfriend. We ate our food in the small motel and resumed our journey to my hometown.

Ring Ring.....I got a call from Prai. Why is he calling me? I was so unsure when he called me.

"Hello, Thime", he said over the line.

"Hello, P' Prai", I replied.

"Is Sky with you?", he asked me.

"No, P' Prai. He had headed before me. I am on my way.", I replied. And I sensed a weird sense of worry in his voice.

"Oh, Okay", he let out his grief.

"What is the matter P'?", I asked out of curiosity.

"I have been trying to Sky's number, but it is unreachable. I am on my way back from the US, I could not contact him, that's why, I asked you if he was with you", he said. Unreachable! It seemed strange. But right now, I should be positive.

"We will be reaching there in 1 hour and we will make him call you back.", and I cut the call. All the while Thum was listening to our conversation peacefully.

"What happened?", he asked me. I narrated the whole thing and he suggested me to call my mother.

I did try to her number but it was unreachable too. What the hell has happened to both of them?

"She is not picking up.", I said to him. And he was still driving the car.

"Do you have any of your other relative's numbers? You could call them and ask.", he suggested.

I was scrolling through my phone's contact list to get the number of my most trusted person. I got the number of Jihai Aunty, who is my father's side relative. We have been close not so much but she is also in our neighboring, so she knows what is happening in our house.

"Hello, is this Ms. Jihai!", I asked in the call.

"Thime, is it you?", she instantly recognized me.

"Yes, Aunty. It is me. I want a small detail. Has sky reached there to the funeral?"

"Funeral! What funeral?", she asked surprised.

"My father, he died of a heart attack, right?", I asked.

"Thime, your father died 3 weeks ago! Your mother never wanted to inform anyone. So, no one has informed you and Sky!", I was shocked hearing that.

"He died three weeks ago?", I asked again. And in great shock, Thum pulled over the car suddenly and I jerked.

"Can you brief what happened?", I asked.