Part 33

Sky POV

Yet another day, that I have no interest in waking up from my bed. I always wished for Prai to be at my side of me when I woke up, but here I am alone since he is in the US.

I saw the notifications on my phone. 5 missed calls MOM. Shit. There is something troublesome. Why the hell did she call me? There is something serious, else she would not be getting the thought of me. Since my phone was silent, I was not aware of it.

I called her back, "Hello, I said"

"Hello Sky", and she was sobbing.

"Mom. What happened?", I asked her in a concerned voice.

"Sky, your father...is no more... he got a cardiac arrest this morning and the doctors confirmed that he is no more after bringing him to the hospital(sob)", she sobbed and sobbed continuously.

What the hell? I always despised him. But never wanted him dead. What the hell happened? It's been just a month ago he was fine fighting with me and my brother for being gay and this news, I cannot bear this.

"Mom, don't cry Mom...", I was crying too. I cannot control it. He is not my favorite. But I am crying uncontrollably.

I placed my phone on my chest so she could not hear my sobs. I am emotionally weak, I agree.

"Mom, please don't cry Mom. I am on my way home"

I cut the call and dialed, Thime. I guess he got the news too. "Hello, Thime.", I called out his name in a trembling voice.

"Hello, Sky."

"Our father passed away. Mom said just now."

"So, what?"

"So what? Don't you want to go and see him for the last time?", I asked him in surprise.

"I don't want to see him. I still remember his last words, he hated me as a son for being Gay. I never want to see his face even for the last time."

"Thime?" I never knew he was adamant about not seeing his father at his death. He got some ego.

"P'Sky, I was never his favorite child. He never gave us attention, when we were little. To be honest, even you should not be going to see him. I don't know, where you got this love suddenly. I am not coming. According to him, I was dead. And according to me, he was dead the day he considered me as death.", My heart fluttered in anger, sorrow, and pain. Eyes welled up.

And he cut the call immediately. I don't know what to do. I texted Prai stating, "My father passed away. I am going for the final rituals."

I cannot, I am so nervous and this anxiety kills me. What Thyme said was true. We were not his favorite children and he least cared about us when we were kids always comparing us with other children and the last despised us for being gay a month ago and was hospitalized.

Should I go or not go? But he is my father. He has done a lot of things for me.

I booked a cab and entered my hometown location. Meanwhile informed Rain. One event of the past flashed through my eyes.

2004 Parent's teacher's meeting.

"Sir, You should be blessed to have a son like Sky. He topped the class with the highest score.", my teacher informed my parents. I stood there with great happiness, that I made my parents proud.

On the way back home, before I knew my parent's real faces, I asked them for ice cream because I topped the class. We were crossing my favorite shop. "Papa...Papa...Ice cream, I screamed"