Part 14

Sky POV

Rain stayed there for a while, and he talked so sweetly. After a long time, I felt like having a real friend, who would be there for me.

"This weekend, I am going to a Bike race in which Payu is taking part. Why Don't You join us?", he asked.

"Hmm....Okay. Will Prai be there?", I asked.

"Yes, he is the one organizing the event., he said.

"Okay sky. Give your line Id. It will be useful for future conversations.", he said. And we shared our line id.

"I am leaving then. Have a good time. Don't think about what happened. We are all there. Bye", he said and left the place.

I felt somewhat lonely. And I watched a few youtube videos. I cannot stop myself from going outside.

I met with someone. Tiana, I guess. "Hey! you", she called me.

"Hii", I said so awkwardly.

I was thinking that she would be so furious that because of me her brother had missed her birthday party. But she had a new intention in her mind.

She hugged me asking, "Just make sure you feel at home. My brother said you were sick so he couldn't attend my birthday. Are you all right now?", she said.

I have no words to say unless two drops fell from my eyes. I feel so safe with these people.

"Yeah, thanks. I am doing great"

I went back to my room and stayed there. Prai opened the door. He came inside with a smile. "How are you doing?", he asked. He has probably returned home after a long working day.

"I am doing well.", I said.

"Brought you some food. You can have them here or downstairs", he asked.

"I will rather have it here", I said.

And there we had our meal. It was not to be called romantic, but this meal was so safe. A safer one than my previous meals and Prai also sat with me and had his meal.

"Prai Thanks.", I said to him.

"Hmm. You still need to say about the bastard.", he demanded me.

"Hmm...Do you want that side of the story?", I asked.

"Of course, I have the right to know that.", his tone was rather strict, and sat by the bed.

"Actually, at the start of the semester, I was so lonely and I acted like a brat. I felt the urge to make out with someone to overcome my loneliness. So I found this old guy on Grindr, never did I know that he was our professor. And one day went to meet this guy and I escaped from him when I came to know he was very old, and that was the day you saved me by providing me with a lift from that hotel. And later, I came to know he was our visual communication new professor he was playing with my marks and was blackmailing me that he would fail me if I did not agree to his conditions and sleep with him. And his demands become more and more over the days. And recently I discovered that I looked the same as his deceased partner. ", I completed saying everything.

"So, you agreed upon sex just because you were lonely?", he asked me.

"Hmm yeah"

"Don't you have any sense? If you were lonely, go and socialize with people. Having sex was your only escape? And with that old pervert?"

"Prai, you are not understanding from my POV", I said.

"What is there to understand? It is you who brought this problem on yourself"

"Stop it. In what way was this my fault?"

"Are you too naïve to understand people's intension?"

"See I was lonely. You don't know what it feels like to be lonely. I was the one to experience all these. You people are so good with your socializing skills and can make friends faster. But not like me. Even if I fight, I could never make a friendship last more than anything is needed out of the friendship like copying of notes or giving them my notes, etc...."

"So sex was your escape?"

"Don't be a hypocrite. What were you doing to escape from your ex's breakup? Didn't we do the same? "

"That was different. That was mutual."

"You fucking narcissist.", I was so furious.

"And one more thing, thanks for taking care of me. I am better leaving.", I said and I packed my things.

"Wait. I was just asking you a question. What is the need to leave?"

"You hurt my ego"

I left the place and booked a cab and went to my place. Yeah, home is the one you feel safe. My roommate was at home. But he never knew what happened because we did everything under wrap. They complained about the professor and even the victim's name was not revealed.

I tried to sleep. But I could not. I was crying without my consent. The nerves in my head were hurting like a hell. I was accused of something I didn't think will be coming in the future. What hurt me was not that he blamed me. But it is always me to play the part of the victim.

I barely slept and even on closing my eyes, I get the face of the fucking professor.

But I went to Uni, I do not want to miss many classes. "Hello Sky", Rain greeted me.

"Hi, Rain. If you don't mind can I say something?"

"Yeah sure."

"Never let people know about me. Okay?"

"Sure. Prai already told me not to say anything. Your secrets are safe with me."I think I have bonded over with Rain so much. He played the most talking part and I just listened.

"Join us for lunch", he invited me with his friends.

I am eating my lunch with some real people. I was so happy. " This is Jom, Jin, Riya, Hian, and guys you all know this Sky from our class, who needs no introduction, the topper of our class."

I was introduced to a group. I am so happy people are seeing me for who I was. But it was all because of Prai I guess. I was so shy to come out of my bubble, but his friends got me the friendship of Rain.

I felt so bad for shouting at him, though he was furious about what I did. It was all my fault though.

I felt the urge to text him. "Hey....I am sorry."

Thank you, guys, for reading. I am so happy that you guys have read so much. Support the story by voting and commenting. And let me know about the flow of the story in the comment section. Check out my other stories too. Love you guys a lot.