Episode 4, chapter 14

We had been driving for probably two hours, driving about five miles. B/n had fallen asleep on my lap and I was leaning back on my arms my legs on either side of Addy, and Mack. I was bored so I was eavesdropping.

Mack cleared his throat and looked away. "What?" Addy asked in confusion. "No offense babe, but you need a bath." Mack scoffed jokingly. I snorted and Addy turned to him appalled. "Do I?" she grinned.

"Yeah." He said looking at her lovingly.  "Oh, okay. Yeah, when was the last time you changed your underwear goat-boy?" Addy retorted. Mack got up close to her ear and said, "What underwear?" I kicked Mack lightly with my shoe and groaned. While Addy laughed and said "Eww!"

Up a little farther ahead I saw the truck with even more people surrounding it. "Hey!" Mack called to Warren. "Y'all see that?" Addy asked twisting her body around so the people inside could see through the windshield.

The car came to a stop and we all climbed out,  I slid off the roof and placed B/n on my back. "Looks like they're trying to rob some poor family this time." Warren said as we all walked closer to the guys who stole our truck.

"Not if I have anything to say about it. Come on." Dad said as we all drew our weapons. "Would it matter at all if I said don't do this?" Murphy groaned sticking his head out of the car. Dad brought his gun level with his face and Doc, Warren, Mack and I did the same.

"Drop your weapons, on the ground, or the first shot takes your head off." Dad growled now just a few feet from the bandits. The Mom was holding her children tightly, while the dad aimed his gun on the bandits.

"You heard the man. Drop your weapons." The dad said tightening his grip on his weapon.B/n adjusted himself on my shoulders catching the attention of the woman. "Now." Dad said.

The leader gestured to his lackeys and they all slowly put their guns on the ground. I looked around and saw the rest of the men on their knees with their hands behind their heads. "Dad!" I said loudly.

Dad swiveled his head towards me and I jerked in the direction of the men, he looked and his eyes grew wide turning his attention back to the family.

"What's this?" Dad asked. "A robbery." The dad said bluntly, raising his weapon towards the bandits again a letting bullets fly, his wife and young kids also pulled out guns and aided their father in his hostility.

We all kind of stood there in shock for a moment. The wife ushered the kids into the truck while the man aimed his weapon at us. "Drop your weapons. Now. I don't want to have to kill you." he said.

We all lowered our weapons and the wife came back around and whispered something in her husbands ear, he nodded and she left. "Your girl, and the young boy, they come with us." He said pointing to me and B/n.

I stiffened and backed away, "Not a chance." My dad said shaking his head. Why do they want me? I thought. "Get in the truck." The man said jerking his gun in that direction.

"No." I said, letting my hand slide behind my back making sure my extra gun and knife were in my waistband. "You're not taking our kids!" Warren said hand reaching for her machete.

"Well clearly your not fit for parenting, letting your kids walk into a stand off." The man grunted. An Idea popped into my head so I stepped closer to Doc. "I know where you guys are going, I'll meet you there." I whispered.

"Dad." I said stepping forward and nodding slightly nodding, he shook his head but I was already moving towards the truck with B/n holding onto my jacket tightly. "Y/n-" Warren said, but I cut her off. "I'll be okay." I said, tapping my finger against my nose and winking, she nodded and looked forward.