Episode 1, Chapter 11

We all ran back to the truck, I was holding onto Cassandra with my good hand. I saw the truck in the distance with Murphy, and Doc sitting in the bed, while 10k sat on the roof scouting for Z's. 

After a few painful moments of running we finally made it to the truck. Doc let the tailgate down and I let go of Cassandra's hand and grabbed the extended one Doc was offering me, he helped pull me in to the truck where I saw (B/n) sleeping beneath 10k's feet.

After explaining the situation to Murphy, 10k and Doc, we all sat in the truck trying to get more information out of Cassandra, to which of course Murphy had to make a comment.

"There was this farmer. Had the smartest pig in the world, Arnold. This pig could read and do math." Murphy looked around at us all while he told his story.

 "Arnold was famous. And then one day, the farmer's friend, he comes over and he sees Arnold tripping around on three legs. And he says to the farmer, 'hey, what happened to poor Arnold?' And the farmer says 'Smart pig like that, you don't eat him all at once."

Murphy laughed looking around again seeing that we were all staring at him un-amused. "What to soon?" Murphy shrugs and looks at Cassandra. "We didn't start out as cannibals." she said with her arms crossed.

"Cannibals? How is that even possible?" Dad asked. "Everything's infected with the zombie virus. If you kill it and eat it, you get the live virus." He said matter of factly.

"But if you eat it alive..." she said looking up to see our reaction. I clutched on even tighter to the gun I was holding. I swear to God if someone eats Addy I will personally zombifie them.

"We were people just trying to survive. Tobias saved me. First from the Zs. Then from the worst of humanity. He was a good man. Then his wife got sick." Cassandra tried to explain. 

"She just couldn't take it anymore. And he was never the same after that. When Black Summer came and everyone else in the world was starving he swore he would do whatever it took to keep us alive. And he did."

Mack stormed off to the back of the truck where I was and grabbed his gun then stormed back up to where my dad was. 

"I'm going back for Addy." Mack said trying to push past my dad. "Hang on, Mack." dad said laying his hand on Mack's chest. "Garnett, do not try to stop me." Mack said semi calmly.

"Nobody's gonna try to stop you. We're all going back." Dad said looking him in the eyes. I slid my rifle across my back, put my pistol in my thigh holster and put my knives in their holsters as well.

I jumped out of the truck and walked over to 10k, "Can I borrow your bandanna?" I asked him. He looked at me in silence for a few seconds, then reached behind his neck, untied the bandanna, then handed it to me.

"thanks 10." I said tying the bandanna around my neck just loose enough that I could pull it up over my face if needed. 10k nodded and returned his attention back to the others. "we just need a plan." dad said.

 "You don't understand! These people are worse than Zs! They'll kill all of you!" Cassandra yelled hysterically. "Yeah, she's right. We need to look at the big picture." Murphy tried to cut in, sliding off the hood of the truck.

"Shut up!" Dad, Warren, and I all said in unison. "Do you know where they've taken her?" Dad asked Cassandra. Cassandra bit her lip and looked away. She then looked back and nodded.

We all piled into the truck, I put (B/n) in the cab with warren and my dad, so it was just me, Doc, and 10k in the bed. I laid my head on Doc's shoulder and took a quick but restless nap.