Episode 1, Chapter 12

When I arrived at the rest of the group I realized Cassandra was missing. "Hey where's Cass?" I asked breathlessly. (B/N) tackled me in a bear hug, and I wrapped my arms around him. "She turned her self in. I'm sorry kid." warren said.

"Oh?" I asked sadly. Warren came over and pulled me into a hug squishing (B/n) between us, who giggled. I wrapped my arms around her waist and sighed. I really liked Cassandra even if she was a part time cannibal.

My dad and Addy came running back and Addy sobbed when she saw Mack she ran into his arms, Warren pushed me and (B/n) towards where the rest of the group was running. We took off as Warren took a defensive stance behind us.

The six of us made it back to the truck, Addy was holding my hand tightly. "Hey I'd just about given up on you!" Doc called from the driver's seat. "I actually gave up on you about an hour ago." Murphy said, scratching the back of his head. I rolled my eyes and shifted (B/n) from my back to my hip.

Addy laughed whilst wiping tears out of her eyes. "Never thought I'd be happy to see your sad ass again." She said. Mack led her to the truck and opened the door. "Come on guys, let's go now." Mack demanded. "Wait, what?" Addy said. I had just put (B/n) in the bed with 10k when I whipped my head around to look at Mack

"What do you mean, 'let's go' Mack?" I said frowning. "We're not leaving her there."I looked back at Addy and she stood there in shock, "Come on." Mack said. Warren shut her door, Addy shook her head. "No, we're not leaving her!" Addy said aggressively.

I put my hands on my hips and looked at the group, my dad looked at the ground. "Addy, she lied to us. And almost got you killed." Mack said, mimicking my stance.

"We can't do that, we can't just leave her there!" Addy said in astonishment, pointing in the direction we had come from.

Mack chuckled frustratedly, then he reached out towards Addy. "Come in the truck with me, we'll talk about this when you're safe." Addy moved her hand around gesturing towards me. "We are not going." She said bluntly, moving out of Mack's grip.

"Look, he's right. We almost all got killed going back for you." My dad said, looking up from the ground. I huffed and walked over linking my hand with Addy's.

"Yeah, she's a freakin' cannibal, and she got what she deserved." Murphy said smugly, leaning away from the truck. I raised my eyebrows at him, "Ya know, murphy?" I started, wetting my lips. "I don't remember anyone asking for your input." I finished.

"She did what she had to do to survive. And you of all people would have done the same." Addy and I said in unison. We looked at each other in shock, then grinned slightly. "Come on, Addy and (Y/n) are right! We cannot leave her back there! You men don't know what it's like." Warren jumped in.

I squeezed Addy's hand when Warren backed you up. You know somethings gonna happen. Addy squeezed back, and Murphy spouted more bullshit. "What is this, a chick thing now?". "Yes." the three of us said in unison. "All right, I want to help her too. But we're not gonna beat a 50 caliber machine gun." Dad said, looking around at us. "It's gonna tear us to pieces before we get to the fence."

My dad looked at me, nodding towards my rifle next to 10k. Warren caught the glance, slammed the door Murphy was leaning on and pointed to 10k.. "How good of a shot are you?" She asked him. 10k lifted his rifle and nailed a Z a few hundred yards from us. He lowered his gun and looked at us. "Pretty good," he said.

"One thousand eighty-four." he said looking at the downed Z. "Oh yeah, and a half." He said thoughtfully. "Okay. I have an idea." Warren said, shaking her fingers.

"Calling Northern Light. Calling Northern Light. Come in, Northern Light. Do you copy? Over. Come in... Citizen, whoever you are. This is Delta-X Ray-Delta. Where the hell are you? Come in. Over." Addy said exasperatedly into the ratio back at the cop car.

"I'm here. Northern Light. Copy you Delta-X Ray." The ratio crackled. Addy and I grinned at each other. I was sitting in the passenger seat while she crouched in-front of Mack with the ratio in hand.

"Northern Light, we need your help. Do you copy? We need your help." I said grabbing the radio from her. "Copy that, ma'am. What can I do?" Citizen Z responded. "We need music." Addy said, leaning over me.

"I'm sorry. Say again. It sounded like you said you needed music." Citizen Z asked. "That's a roger. Can you broadcast on the AM frequency? Over." I asked, looking at dad, mack, and warren surrounding us. Dad and Warren smiled. Well Warren more like smirked.

"We're the NSA, ma'am. Master of all frequencies. What would you like to hear?" C.Z. asked."We need a diversion. Something loud. Something that'll make the Zs go crazy." Addy said smiling.

"Copy that and can do, ma'am. I think I have just the thing. Give me five minutes and look for my broadcast on the low end of the AM dial." C.Z. responded. Addy and I high fived. "Thanks, dude." Addy said. "Over." I said smirking at her, she rolled her eyes at me still grinning.

~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~

All of us but 10k and Doc piled into the truck. Everyone was in the cab except for me. I stood in the back of the truck with my rifle resting on the hood of the cab aimed ahead of us.

The speaker on the truck started loudly blaring Ride of the Valkyries. Once a bunch of zombies were rushing at the truck I tapped the truck three times, and the truck jolted forward the music turned up even louder now.

We were almost to the camp, we had a huge hoard following us, I saw the machine gun guy take his position and scout around. Warren stepped on the gas, and I tightened my grip on the railing attached to the truck.

She revved it even harder and we bust through the gate, the guy on the machine gun started shooting and a few seconds later then stopped slumping over on the gun, letting us know 10k had done his job.

I took out a few of the people who were trying to shoot the truck, hitting every single mark. I saw Doc and Cassandra running towards the truck with a few Z's hot on their tail. I turned around Shooting the Z's.

More Z's came down around us telling me our sharpshooter was helping me out. Doc and Cassandra jumped in the truck, I tapped the truck again, and it sped away. I continued taking out zombies. When I turned around to hit a particularly fast Zombie, I saw Cassandra staring blankly at the landscape.

We had picked up 10k on our way back to town, he and I were now standing side by side in the back of the truck, shooting zombies. "My kinda town." he said, tagging the liberty bell then, lowering his rifle. "If anybody asks, we were nowhere near that bell." Dad said sitting on the ground near my feet wind whipping through his hair.

"I always heard Philly was a tough town, but sheesh." Doc said, shaking his head. "Zombies with attitude." dad said.I crouched down in the bed right in-front of the open window. Cassandra had laid her head on Addy's shoulder and Addy had wrapped her arm around her neck. I reached my hand in and laid it on their shoulders. They grabbed my hand and put it in between both of theirs. I stayed like that for a while before going back on watch.