Episode 1, Chapter 5

I was standing up in the back of the truck with the new kid watching the beautiful, bloody, scenery go by. I heard a rustling behind me and I looked back to see B/N trying to stand up. "sit down B/N" I snapped. He shook his head, walked up to the new kid and grabbed on to his shirt. "B/N sit now" I demanded. He glared at me and tugged on the new kids chain. The raven haired boy looked down at the small boy and motion to the truck muttering "listen." B/N sat down. I rolled my eyes at the small boys antics. "Thanks" I said to the boy, he simply nodded.

 We pulled off to the side of the road and I told B/N to stay in the truck, so whats he do? He immediately tries to climb out after me. "hey! new kid!" I called gaining the raven haired boys attention. "tell him to stay in the truck please!" the boy walked over and picked up B/N by the collar of his shirt much like a cat would pick up a kitten. I jumped off the tailgate and walked over to my dad embracing him. He hugged back while gaining everybody's attention "okay so we are going to be crossing that bridge over there and it is covered in zombies so we need our most experienced drivers." he said point to the bridge. 

"I will do it!" I shout jumping up and down. My dad gave me a look and immediately shot my idea down. "come on Garnett let the girl live a little!" doc said coming to my aid. Addy immediately knowing where this was heading jumped in "yeah let her drive!" she shot a look to Mack knowing he hated it when I drove. "No! No! not again!" Mack shouted. My dad sighed and said "Y/N...be careful!"

 I saluted him with a smile and started to walk backward catching the keys doc threw me. "Okay who is coming with me?" I asked climbing into the truck. Addy shoved Mack into the back off the truck and climbed in after. "Y/N I swear to God do NOT drive like a psychopath!" Mack shouted. "No promises" I said smirking gripping the steering wheel tightly. From the corner of my eye I see doc talking to the new boy who was climbing into the back of my truck.

 doc grabbed him by the shoulder and said "you might wanna re-think that." the boy shrugged and walked back over to the truck warren was driving. I rolled down the passenger window and yelled to doc "he isn't gonna be any safer in there than he is in here!" doc just shook his head amused. "Buckle up love birds" I said to the two behind me. "warren!" I shouted throwing a cup at her window. she jumped and looked at me I gestured at her window telling her to roll it down. "what?" she asked. I smirked. "wanna race?" she smiled and said "your on baby-girl!" I heard a shout of "no!" from both my dad and Mack at the same time. But It was to late I had already hit the gas.

I slammed the truck into a z and blood spattered across the windshield, revving the engine and plowing through a small hoard I swerved and pushed a small car out of the way. "Y/N Knock it the fuck off!" Mack screamed gripping my head rest. "Not a chance!" I laughed manically swerving to hit another Z. "woo-hoo don't stop Y/N rev it sister!" Addy yelled from behind me laughing at Mack's look of utter horror. "WOO" I yelled laying on the horn and opening my door into a Z. "OH MY GOD Y/N BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL!" Mack shouted. I looked in the rear-view mirror and smirked at him taking both hands off the wheel slowly and placing them above my head. Mack jumped up and leaned over my seat grabbing the steering wheel. I floored the gas making Mack panic and try to swerve around the zombies. "relax macaroni I got this!" I giggled shoving his hands off.

 I noticed Warrens truck slowing down and pulling to the side of the road so I slowed down and put the truck in reverse slowly parking behind warren. warren jumped out of her truck and started walking towards my truck. "well that was fun!" Addy said jumping out of the truck. "ha-ha. Out of gas" warren said sheathing her machete. "Running on fumes" I said from my spot in the truck. "Fuck this!" Mack groaned getting out of the truck and jumping into the SUV doc was driving. Doc stepped out and walked to the front of my truck "looks like you got a flat Y/N" warren said examining the tire. "oh? do I now?" I asked stepping out of the truck and squatting down to look. "It's probably a zombie I got a little bloodthirsty." I said with a laugh. "A little?" mack said poking his head out the window raising his eyebrow. "oh shut it macaroni!" I said pointing my finger at him. Mack stepped out of the vehicle and started walking towars us. 

"heads up we got some company." he said pointing down the road at oncoming bikers. "Y/N!" B/N yelled throwing himself into my arms. luckily I caught him, I spun him around before pulling him close to my body breathing in his scent. "hey buddy what's up?" I asked him. He looked up at me with his little doe eyes. "you were so cool all vroom vroom running over all them 'ombies'! you're like a super hero!" he squealed imitating a truck. "thanks buddy!" I said setting him down and hugging him from behind, placing my hand over his chest, swaying slightly.

 Everyone readied their weapons as the bikers passed I held my hand over my gun while I discreetly pressed a blade into B/N's hand. From the corner off my eye I see Cassandra look at the men in fear and turn around so the men couldn't see her face. "that's right keep rolling and we all live to see another day." warren muttered loud enough for us to hear. As the men passed I could feel their eyes raking along my body, clearly I wasn't the only one who noticed this because doc who was standing next to me, pulled me behind himself shielding me from the men. The men passed and doc quickly turned around and carefully pushed me toward the back of the truck where the new kid was standing with his rifle layed on the roof. I sat B/N in before I threw my leg over the back climbing in myself. As Doc was fixing the wheel I leaned over the side to watch. "Doesn't look flat, It just won't turn" warren said grunting. "well Y/N must have ran over some pretty fun stuff" doc said laughing and pulling the wheel off. Once I saw what it was I started laughing "HA! I told you it was a zombie!" I said pointing at the zombie packed in the wheel area. "well that explains the pull to the left" addy said looking in my direction "hey it was a NO BRAINER" I said laughing and pointing at the z. everyone laughed amused but warren quickly piked the Z. 

My dad, Warren, Mack, Addy, Cassandra, and Murphy walked a couple feet down the road while I stayed in the truck with B/n and the new boy. I finally let myself look him over and take in his features. He had a pale complexion, raven hair, and his eyes were blue with a small hint of green. He was wearing a black and white camo shirt with grayish green cargo pants and...are those shoes on his shoulders? Yes, yes they are. He had a brown scarf wrapped around his neck, a rifle strapped to his lanky body and he had a sling shot hanging out of his pocket. 

I looked at his rifle a little closer shit I thought he has the same rifle as me! I cleared my throat trying to get his attention, it worked. He looked over at me and I said "you're a pretty good shot how long you been a sniper?" All I got was a shrug and he focused his attention back on the road. "good talk" I said sarcastically, brushing dirt of b/n's face. b/n started to push my hands off his face with a shocked face as if I was trying to get him to believe that zombies were fairy's. "what?" I laughed ruffling his hair. He squealed and stood up standing next to the boy so I pushed myself up to my feet and grabbed my rifle off my back, placing it next to the boys. I got a zombie in my sights and squeezed the trigger getting a perfect head shot, I leaned back and looked at the boy to see him already looking at me a little stunned.