Prologue

The day my home town was overrun I was home with my brother B/N. My father was on a flight back to the base he had only left a few minutes ago.

My late mother passed away two years ago from cancer, so I was in-charge of the house and a two year old. I didn't really mind though as it was preparing me for real life problems.

I had just put B/N down for a nap after cleaning out my truck and packing a bunch of boxes for the homeless shelter when I heard screaming. My small town had its crazy teens so I thought nothing of it.

I walked out to the truck, threw the boxes in the bed and tossed some blankets that my mother had made in as well. I had walked back into the house and up the stairs to check on b/n, he was awake so I brought him down stairs and put him on the floor to crawl around.

I grabbed my shotgun and pistols to make sure they were ready for my hunting trip with my dad in a couple weeks. I checked my watch "shit" I groaned I'm running late I picked up the baby and put him in his car seat threw my shotgun over my shoulder slid my pistols into the waistband of my pants and rushed out the door.

I got B/N strapped in and was about to get myself in when I heard growling behind me. I quickly whipped around, almost giving myself whiplash and saw our neighbor Alexandria stumbling toward me with blood oozing out of her mouth and her stomach torn wide open.

Now I immediately knew what was happening. I mean this is the twenty-first century and there are plenty of zombie movies. "Alex" I warned "if this is a prank stop it I am seconds away from blowing your brains out." Alex didn't respond "so be it." I whispered I grabbed my pistol aimed and BANG shot a hole clean through her forehead.

I jumped in the car and drove down the street. I called my dad, after the third ring he picked up, "y/n?" he asked, he sounded panicked, "dad there are zombies out here." I said calmly "where are you?"

 "I'm at the airport, the flights have been canceled due to some issues. They said the pilots are sick, where are you?". "I'm on my way to pick you up. I am about ten minutes away, stay safe, I love you" I said". "I love you guys too." he said back and hung up.

I was pulling into the airport parking lot when something ran in front of my truck and disappeared. I parked, grabbed (B/N) and ran inside the building "dad!" I yelled I walked up to the desk and asked the lady there to call for my dad. "What's his name sweetie?" she asked "Charles Garnet" I responded she said his name into the mic and after a few minutes that seemed like hours he popped around the wall.

"Oh my god honey are you okay? how is b/n?" he asked panicking. "We're fine dad." I said, trying to calm him down "I had to kill Alex, our neighbor. She was a z but I have my truck packed with food, blankets, and all my weapons."

"what?" he asks. "dad we need to get out of here I saw another one in the parking lot when I pulled in pretty soon this place will be over-" I was cut off by the over head system blaring "we have been overrun by...zombies" the person said "all people need to evacuate now I repeat all people nee-." the person was cut of by a snarl and a scream was heard before the sound system cut out completely.

"Oh my god" he whispered. He grabbed my arm and (B/N's) car seat and we ran for the exit. We had just reached the exit when a zombie blocked our path. It started stalking toward us so I grabbed my knife and sunk it deep into its skull and it dropped. We finished our escape to my truck. We strapped in b/n and then jumped into the truck, started it and sped out of the parking lot.

We have to warn aunt warren I said to my dad he just nodded he grabbed his found and called aunt warren. "This is Warren" she answered "hey warren" my dad said "it's charlie there are zombies out here y/n just killed one-" I cut him off "two..." I corrected "okay two" he said "we just wanted to warn you. If there is any way we can meet up and-" Warren laughed "ha ha very funny charlie there are no such thing as zombies" she cut him off.

"Aunt Warren!" I pleaded. "There are!" I killed two, one at the airport and my neighbor Alex. They had the rotting flesh and everything!" I gripped the steering wheel tightly. "honey you can't trick me I-'' I cut her off "I swear on my mothers grave warren!" She was silent for a minute.

"You're serious huh?" She asked. "yeah." I whispered. "Okay I will meet you guys tomorrow at 12:00 at the burger place on 12th street." she said "Okay see you then." dad said and hung up. I sighed looking back at the road to see three zombies running onto the road. I sped up and hit them with the truck squishing them instantaneously. The truck jolted a couple times but nothing too badly.

"You could've just gone around." dad said. "I know but what would have been the fun in that?" he just rolled his eyes and looked away. "so do you want to stay at a hotel or something? I can tell you right now that our neighborhood is no longer safe." I asked "we should probably just stay in the truck, a hotel is too risky" he replied. "your probably right" I sighed. I turned my attention back to the road.

A/N This is the first chapter let me know what you think!