45. Fireproof

"What?" It was all Davina could say when Harwin said goodbye. 

It wouldnt be forever, but it felt like forever. Davina hugged Harwin again. 

"When I'm in charge you won't have to leave again. I won't allow it." Davina assured. 

"Then I look forward to your coronation, my queen." Harwin kissed her hand before getting on his horse. Davina leaned back into Gwayne when she felt his arms wrap around her. 

"I'm sorry." Gwayne kissed her cheek, his lips lingering as he spoke. 

"It's not your fault." Davina countered. 

"He's your friend." Gwayne countered. 

"He is." Davina agreed. 

''A word?''

''I take it he's gone.''

''We're finished here. We're leaving.'' Rhaenyra demanded

''What of your offer? Jace and Helaena?'' Laenor countered

''I have been undermined... and made a spectacle. They whisper about me in the corridors. Well, I leave them to it.'' Rhaenyra hissed

''To Dragonstone then?'' Laenor offered

''We should've left years ago.'' Rhaenyra admitted.

''What of your position?'' Laenor countered

''You've always said if you were absent from court, she would pour her honey in your father's ear. The wise sailor flees the storm as it gathers.'' Rhaenyra offered she glanced back at Qarl. ''Laenor... bring him. We'll need every sword we can muster.''

"Fuck no." Davina demanded pulling Jace to her.

"Auntie...' Rhaenyra breathed out.

"Don't take them. I love them." Davina begged.

"Not me?" Rhaenyra mused.

"I don't want any of you to leave." Davina corrected. "Stay. Who gives a damn what those people say? Not me. Not Viserys."

"I do. I care. A few years-'

"YEARS!" Davina shouted. "What the fuck? No." Davina demanded and Jace chuckled up at her.

"It's not forever just until things... die down."

"No, come on, this is stupid." Davina demanded. "Gwayne tell her its stupid-" Gwayne knew better than to give his two cents though because Alicent would be happy Rhaenyra was leaving. 

"It's not forever." Rhaenyra countered. 

+

"Okay so Rhaenyra left, Harwin left, I suppose I can spend time with my husband." Davina mused. Gwayne pulled her closer. 

"I like that idea, can we talk about what might be happening in the next few moons?" Gwayne questioned grabbing her hand as they walked. 

"No, lets just pretend its not happening and then freak the fuck out later." Davina suggested. 

''Princess.... Princess...'' davina heard criston but she didnt like to answer to that. ''Davina.'' Criston declared catching up with her and Gwayne, Gwayne chuckled nudging Davina. 

''Oh criston didnt see ya there''

''The prisoners have escaped.'' Criston remarked breathlessly.

''Sounds like a king problem,'' davina mused. "I'm not in charge yet, remember?"

''Larys was seen heading down there.'' criston informed her ''right before...''

''I don't understand.'' Davina countered confused.

''He spoke with the queen and then he went to the cells. Now they are gone.'' Criston told her

''What is that cunt up to?'' Davina murmured heading outside.

''Did harwin leave? With his family to harenhall?" Criston questioned.

''Yes. they-'' davina ran to the pits calling for fury as she went. Gwayne chased after her. 

"Should i call the guard?" Criston chased after her.

 ''Fury!''

"Davina!" Gwayne demanded. "I'm coming with you!" 

"Hurry up then." Davina agreed offering him a hand. 

"What should i-" Criston countered but Davina took off. 

A fire broke out at Harenhal, when Harwin and Lyonel arrived, it consumed it. Trapping the Strongs inside.

''Fire! I will burn!"

"Harwin! Are you there? Ah! Harwin!'' Lyonel screamed out banging on the door trying to break it down they screamed out in agony.

"HARWIN!" Davina shouted as she slid off Furys back.

 "Geeze." Gwayne coughed out through the smoke. 

 "HARWIN!" She demanded walking through the flames. "HARWIN!" She pleaded out hot tears running for her face.

"Dav-"

"I'm fireproof, help these people." Davina countered as she headed inside. Watching your wife walk right into a burning building was terrifying but Gwayne did as instructed and helped the burnt people out. 

"Dav-" Harwin choked out.

"HARWIN!" Davina demanded breaking down the door with her own fury building in her. She dragged him outside as he choked for breath, burns covered his skin as he tried to breathe out.

"You stay awake, I'm going to-" Davina whimpered but he grabbed her hand in a gentle grip. "Harwin no, you dont get to die." She begged.

"Davina." Harwin rasped.

"You can't die, Harwin you are going to be fine. I need you, those kids need you." Davina declared tears dripping down her cheeks and onto his hot seared skin. "Jace needs you, you fight damnit."

"Dont let them forget me." Harwin whispered.

'No.' Davina whimpered. ''No... I wasnt fast enough. Damnit im fireproof not you''. Davina whimpered. ''Damnit.'' Davinas lips trembled as his eyes closed and his breath left his lungs his heart beat for the last time. ''Damnit damnit damnit. No. Come back. Come back...''

+

''What are children, but a weakness? A folly? A futility? Through them, you imagine you cheat the great darkness of its victory." Larys remarked. ''You will persist forever, in some form or another. As if they will keep you from the dust.''

''But for them... you surrender what you should not. You may know what is the right thing to be done, but... love stays the hand.'' Bodies burned all over the world, some of dragon, some of mass chaos. Larys was confident his family was dead. ''Love... is a downfall. Best to make your way through life unencumbered... if you ask me.'

''They're dead.'' Alicent rasped.

''You've heard the stories of Harrenhal, Your Grace. It was built in hubris by Harren the Black as a monument to his own greatness. Blood mixed into the mortar. It is said to be a cursed place. That it passes judgment on all who pass beneath its gates.'' Larys remarked softly.

''You... You passed judgment.'' Alicent corrected. Alicent had no idea, she didnt know what Larys was planning she would have stopped him.

''The Queen makes a wish. What servant of the realm would not strive to fulfill it? I assume you will write to your father now?'' Larys questioned softly.

''Larys... I did not wish for this.'' Alicent reminded him.

''I feel certain you will reward me... when the time is right.''